Eaton Corp. to buy Cooper Industries

formatting link
This could bring a new player into the field

Reply to
NickMark
Loading thread data ...

formatting link

It'a hard enough to even tell what the name of the game is .... anymore without adding another "player".

Reply to
Jim

formatting link
>

without adding another "player".

Eaton will then outsource overseas whatever Cooper still makes here in the USA. It is the way these buyouts work. All funded buy taxpayer dollars in some way, shape or form...

Jim Rojas Technical Manuals Online!

formatting link
Cornwall Lane Tampa, FL 33615-4604

813-884-6335 813-440-6653 Fax AOL: rojas813 MSN: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com Yahoo: jimrojas ICQ: 20116219 GoogleTalk: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com
Reply to
Jim Rojas

formatting link

I will never understand why a company like Cooper that produces product is worth

12 billion but Facebook is worth 100?

Jeez now I'm starting to sound like Jim

Reply to
mleuck

formatting link
>

worth 12 billion but Facebook is worth 100?

You just may be becoming a little bit smarter .... that's all.

But don't get all excited now. I'm sure it's just a case of Flowers for Algernon.

Reply to
Jim

formatting link
> >

worth 12 billion but Facebook is worth 100?

You might have that backwards

Reply to
mleuck

formatting link
> > >

You are getting flowers and Algernon is getting smarter?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

formatting link
>> > >

Funny part is most people reading this thread aren't old enough to have any idea what all of us are talking about.

Reply to
mleuck

ny idea what all of us are talking about.- Hide quoted text -

I'm a Sci Fi fan... well I use to be. I spend more time fishing or tinkering in my machine shop and reading machining books these days.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

any idea what all of us are talking about.- Hide quoted text -

I stopped reading Sci Fi when the stories started to include castles, drago= ns and swords intermixed with spaceships and rayguns.=20

I read lots and lots of Asimov, The Foundation and Robot series. Lot's of H= einlein, Methuselah's Children and following Lazarus Long in subsequent nov= els. Stranger in a strange land and Bradbury, A sound of Thunder, Fahrenhie= t 451, I sing the body electric.=20

I liked the Dune series too.

And I liked most of Arthur Clarks work,except towards the end of his career= . One of the most memorable was ( for me, anyway ),one by Clark. Not a prof= ound or popular novel but just memorable because I never suspected what the= ending was until I read it. Childhoods End.=20

But now .... like you ... I read technical manuals and spec sheets and rese= arch equipment for audio video installtions. I still try to watch out for a= good Sci Fi movie when I see an advertisement. Some of them are pretty goo= d. I'm usually more impressed by the special effects nowdays, than the stor= y line. Most memorable of the oldies is Forbidden planet and This planet ea= rth.

Reply to
Jim

formatting link

Like sci fi check out old time radio show X minus 1

formatting link

Reply to
NickMark

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.