DV-IP

Ok... I finally got the low down on the DV-IP directly from the horse's ... mouth.

You have to take a free certification course on-line, and then you have to fly to one of their centers for some hands on training.

???? Why ???? They guy I spoke with at DM said the same thing I got from reading the on-line specs. Its basically the same as a DS2 except cheaper, and doesn't have any local outputs.

I can buy and setup the DS2 without having to waste the profits for my next couple sales on a trip out of town. Oh, well. His comment was that a lot of dealers had no idea how to put one on a network. LOL. Since every one of my DVRs is on a network, and most of them are setup for VPN or port forwarding or both, and my education is in CIS I can still jump through the hoops just like everybody else.

HEY PELCO REP? You got something in the price and feature category of the DM DV-IP? Atleast Pelco will pay for your travel and lodging to train you on their stuff. (Atleast they used to.)

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

"Bob La Londe" a écrit dans le message de news:

44e4da9b$0$6895$ snipped-for-privacy@free.teranews.com...

thats something that will help you choose another equivalent product line from somebody else,me i would not like spending a few 100 bucks to learn something i allready know

i was playing today with the as60 from panasonic to prepare a demo for some customer and i got the training and installed about 3 of there new totally ip dvr(camera and dvr)and i was pretty impress with there mpeg-4 live camera viewing...

last time I was there for there advance training on the 9760 matrix it was still like that (3 years ago..) where did you go? the new York or California centre?

me I got to the new York training centre..drove from Montreal...6.5 hours...but damn I would have loved to fly to California...

Reply to
Petem

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.