Dual-tech 360 motion recommendations please

I need a 360 that I can mount at 25' high and have coverage on the ground at 100' diameter (50' radius from unit). Preferably dual-tech because it's in a non-climate controlled metal bldg and two of the microwave zone will likely intersect.

Is there such a beast? I was looking at some Optex stuff but nothing seems to fit the bill.

Thanks.

Reply to
Milhouse Van Houten
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Roland

I'm in Texas... I use a German newserver because my ISP's sucks.

That URL didn't lead to a motion det.

Reply to
Milhouse Van Houten

Reply to
Roland Moore

Actually the DS9370 is the best fit so far for my needs, it can be mounted @ 25' and has a 70' diameter of range.

Thanks.

Reply to
Milhouse Van Houten

If false alarms don't bother you the DS9370 might be the way to go. However that environment you are thinking about putting it in is better suited for the OD850. I have 8 in a similar metal building with rats, bats, birds, skunks, raccoons, dogs, cats, and possums. I haven't had a problem. But the

835i >
Reply to
Roland

Aleph has some straight IR stuff that will doi this, but no Dual-Tec I am aware of.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

The OD850 is not a ceiling mount and does not meet the range specs.

Reply to
Milhouse Van Houten

I don't have any suggestions for a unit for you but two things I'd keep in mind:

Dual tec units mounted in proximty to one another can constantly cause the microwave portion to be in alarm state. And two, microwave used in the proximity of large metal objects can be problimatical. You just might be better off with some of the quad outdoor PIR's such a Crow mfgs.

Another thing, although not normally done, I've been successful in mounting wall mount motion detectors on the ceiling. You'd probably have to use more of them but overlap wouldn't be a problem and you just might be able to get better coverage.

Reply to
Jim

I don't have any suggestions for a unit for you but two things I'd keep in mind:

Dual tec units mounted in proximty to one another can constantly cause the microwave portion to be in alarm state. And two, microwave used in the proximity of large metal objects can be problimatical. You just might be better off with some of the quad outdoor PIR's such a Crow mfgs.

Another thing, although not normally done, I've been successful in mounting wall mount motion detectors on the ceiling. You'd probably have to use more of them but overlap wouldn't be a problem and you just might be able to get better coverage.

Reply to
Roland

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.