DSConected

My pleasure once again to disconnect a PC3000 panel when i first put it in it seemed and looked fantastic when i put it into to an architects new modern home 12 years ago. Till one day it started locking up on phone line for no reason replaced the board with a new pc

3000 board several years back only to find out the new pc 3000 would not supprt the LCD keypads I had in place and had to replace all the keypads. then every time there was a bad storm we had falses no matter what i did to stop them. ends up a bad powersupply onboard was to blame change board again. finnnaly the system started spewing out erratic data to keypads and owner wanted to know if they had something better to replace this piece of junk. Of course it was replaced with an ademco 20 P panel. which he has had his FBII XL-4 version 1 panel at his office i put in around same time is still going strong and never had a problem and people wonder why I stopped using DSC 11 years ago. and stuck with FBII and Ademco
Reply to
Nick Markowitz
Loading thread data ...

FBII has had its problems too. Mostly with the XL-31, and of course the HC-41 sucked big time. I installed DSC when I 1st started, and switched to FBII which I installed for several years.

*** Posted via a free Usenet account from
formatting link
Reply to
Bob La Londe

What LCD keypads weren't compatible with the 3000??

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I still have some HC41 out there working had very few problems with them. XL31 i did have problems with and got most replaced with XL4 whish ademco would add more of the XL4 features into the vista high end line

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

I hit a problem with the older LCD600 not working with the newer 3000 version.2

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

Don't forget the crappy plug on the back of the XK7LC LCD keypads... I don't think FBII made any real effort to fix it....

Reply to
Russell Brill

I always wanted them to throw in an extra keypad connector or put a plug in connector on the panel with a two way cord so I could quickly move a keypad to the panel for configuring while changing connections etc on the XL-4

That would be a good idea with any panel, but now with the age of laptop programming on most panels you don't really need it anymore. Yeah I laptop programmed XL-4s too, but it was a pain because I had to use a modem and a line simulator. Minor changes were easier to do with a keypad.

*** Posted via a free Usenet account from
formatting link
Reply to
Bob La Londe

ISTR think it was the Moose Z1100 that did that. The ELK-M1G has tha capability as well.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I've never seen or heard of that one and I worked with plenty of 3000's and the LCD600's.

Reply to
Mark Leuck

The problem was with the large print an small print lcd keypads the large print lcd keypads would not work with the new verion pc3000

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.