dsc power 832 bell operation

I have installed a dsc power 832 system in my home as it was built. Now I am attempting to program the system and all is well so far, but when I connect the "bell" circuit to my indoor siren, it produces a low volume churp which I can not figure out why or how to turn off. It does not time out based on the bell timer and I show no alarms on the panel. I did not install any resistors in the circuit. Any ideas??

Reply to
Keith
Loading thread data ...

IIRC, the panel has a supervision voltage across the bell terminals, similar to what Napco does. With Napco panels you can sink the voltage (and kill the low volume tone) by wiring a 2200 Ohm resistor across the outputs. Presumably the same will work on DSC, however, it may be possible to program the feature out. I rarely program DSC so someone else will have to tell you for sure.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Yes, DSC requires the same 2200 ohm resistor "red-red-red" on the bell circuit.

James

Reply to
J Barnes

That panel supervises the bell circuit with a very low voltage. Place a 1K ohm resistor across the siren terminals. js

Reply to
alarman

The proper way to eliminate the "chirp" is to place a 1K ohm resistor across the bell/siren terminals *at the siren* so supervision by the panel is maintained.

The best way to eliminate the "chirp" is to purchase a DSC siren. Contact a local alarm company that deals with DSC and buy one from them. Cost will be around $20.00 (or less). You won't need a resistor.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Reply to
Keith

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.