DSC PC1616 handshake error (2023 Update)

Any idea about DSC PC1616 v4.5? It cannot make handshake on residential dial format... I tried all the international settings for telephony, but still the issue remains....

thanks in advance!

Reply to
spyros
Loading thread data ...

Is it calling a smart phone or landline?, I have seen that problem with some smart phones.

Doug

Reply to
doug

I have tested only with mobile phones. I use 3 different DSC PC1616 panels and 3 different telcos to call mobile phones and the error is still there. Only one time using private line format, made handshake with number 5 only, but also after that call again the same mobile phone...

Reply to
spyros

I believe that the DSC panel is looking for a DTMF/Touchtone when you press a key on the phone to acknowledge the call. I think the problem is that not all mobile phones generate DTMF/Touchtone when you press a key after answering the phone instead some of them just make a little beep which the panel doesn't recognize.

Doug

Reply to
doug

For my PC1616 calling my cell phone during an alarm, when I hear the panel beeping I whistle a steady handshaking tone. Works like a charm.

Reply to
arte

Note: Original post was 8 years ago.

Reply to
jim

Just upgraded my old PC1500 system to a NIB PC1616 for the residential dial or private line communicator format feature to call my cell phone. This was not available in the PC1500 as it was exclusively designed to dial a monitoring station. It could dial my cell, but then it would redial about 8 times wanting a handshake tone(s).

PC1616 and PC1832 are now discontinued, replaced by the Neo series. However as I understand the Neo series units do not have the residential dial or private line communicator format feature.

Reply to
atre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.