DSC GSM Radio back ups

DON"T ...... tell him that.

We wanna see one blow up!!!!!

Reply to
Jim
Loading thread data ...

It came today and it's a lot bigger than I thought it was gonna be. Reading specs...still confusing...haven't had chance to hook it up yet.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Come-ON Crash

Blow it uP already!!!!!

Reply to
Jim

m...

.com...

e:

te:

RHC: Bottom line, directions say it needs a full 1.6 amps of current draw at 12 volts during transmission. Unless you have that spare in the panel after powering other devices, use a 3A/12volt output power supply with a separate backup battery. I'm putting one on line today, and I'm taking no chances with that personally.

Reply to
tourman

m...

com...

ps.com...

ote:

rote:

RHC: Update to above. The unit programs easily over the internet and works well as described. With the older analog Uplink units, you could go online to see the actual signal strength of each signal sent and received. With the newer digital units, it only shows online the signals sent individually, and whether it was a successful transmission, or not.

I did notice one difference between Contact ID over a phone line and Contact ID over the radio loop. Over a phone line, a series of alarm signals is sent as one steady stream, then the receiver kisses off when the complete set of signals is sent. This all takes place very quickly. With the Uplink unit, each signal is sent individually, then the receiver kisses off, and the next signal is sent. So a stream of signals can take awhile to go to the station.

When I called in to see the results of all the zone tests, the operator was telling me that the signals were still coming in one by one as we were talking. Ten zone alarms plus restores, three keypad panics and their restores, and a smoke detector and it's restore, seemed to take a good five minutes in total.......

If I was the cynical type (naahh.......), I would suggest it is being done this way so Uplink can accurately count the number of signals sent for billing purposes.

Reply to
tourman

except it's flat rate, same as AnyNet.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

m...

.com...

ps.com...

roups.com...

RHC: I could be wrong but I think there is a cap on the number of signals sent for that flat rate price...

Reply to
tourman

Guess then you do not use connect 24, or you would know they changed the rate plans on units that had been out for over a year and required you to take a new rate plan...YOU HAD NO CHOICE.

No when he signs up for the service he should have to pay for any data used regardless if it is overhead or not.

Reply to
George Siegle

Well after my post on here...I get a phone call from DSC. They have informed me that Radios on the network prior to the "NEW" rate plans will stay at the old rate plans. Now just waiting for them to call me back again re the radio that was blocked from the network....so see DSC does have someone read this stuff...(CRAP)...lol Thanks for the phone call Frank.

Reply to
George Siegle

Hey that's good news ..... That someone from there reads this forum.

After through the years of occasionally trying some of their products ....

It's very gratifiying to know that they know that I think their equipment is cheaply built, poorly introduced to the market and that their techs are the most "distant" , aloof and not interested in your problem people, I've ever talked to ...... (except for Panasonic telephone techs .... who you can't even get to talk to. )

Which ...... of course is why now .... that I don't and wouldn't use their products ..........

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.