DSC general system tamper code

How do I get rid of "general system tamper" code on a DSC 864? I used the DSC windows software to read the status I this code is set along with TLM and Low Battery. The status on the keypad only shows general system tamper as the only fault. I tried clearing out the latch error with the software but they still show up on the status rpt on the PC. I am not using a phone line yet and have disable TLM in the configuration. I don't have a bell connected, so I added a 1K resistor across the bell contacts. These changes got rid of my TLM and Bell trouble codes, but not the general system tamper?

cel

Reply to
<cel
Loading thread data ...

Have someone on site go into programming through a keypad and press 903. Wait one minute, then exit programming. That should clear your problem.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

What modules do you have connected?

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle
3 keypads 5500Z and 3 8 zone expansion modules 5108 . I believe the 5108 modules are set not to report tamper I will have to double check the jumper.

cel

Reply to
<cel

Regardless of what they're set for, place a wire jumper between the "common" and "tamper" terminals on the 5108's.

Frank Olson

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

Thanks for the tip. I got it working now.

cel

Reply to
<cel

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.