DSC ESN Conversion

1. The 1st digit of ESN number is also 1st digit of SN
  2. Open up calculator in Microsoft Windows
  3. Click on VIEW at top of calculator and select SCIENTIFIC (or PROGRAMMING in Vista or Win 7)
3a. Click on HEX button at top left of calculator
  1. Input the 2nd, 3rd and 4th characters or numbers of the ESN number
  2. Click on DEC button at top left of calculator
  3. These are the last 4 digits of the SN number Example: ESN 26DA4A would be SN 21754

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas
Loading thread data ...

Sorry for the top post...I was trying to email this to someone who ask this very same question a few weeks back.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Too bad they couldn't make a dual-frequency receiver

Reply to
mleuck

There is the PC5320...

formatting link
(may need to login to view)

Not exactly what you're looking for, but it looks like it'll at least save you from replacing all the old 900 Mhz devices.

- Chris

Reply to
CH®IS

You can't mix and match which is what I imagine most people would want. The main advantage to the 5320 is expanding coverage

Reply to
mleuck

mleuck wrote: > You can't mix and match which is what I imagine most people would

Are you sure? The website says you can use 433 and 900 on the module.

Reply to
alarman

The spec sheet and installer guide says each receiver has to be the same frequency and version, maximum 4 receivers. You can use 433 or

900 but not both at the same time which I would guess most people want
Reply to
mleuck

We have one in the office but I've never played with it or seen one installed. Just a random part sitting on the shelf that came from our other office.

It sounds to me like it'll either expand coverage or do 900/433. Also, the below link also mentions an 868 frequency... I've never heard of that one. I guess it could perform both functions if you have 900 Mhz devices at one end of the building and 433 Mhz at the other end.

In the installation instructions

formatting link
, look at installation step 6. There are two options: expanding coverage or multiplexing frequencies. Although with option B there are some strange restrictions for DLS.

Perhaps there's a reason this part has never been heard of?

- Chris

Reply to
CH®IS

It appears that the v1.0 manual they list is for the Euro market since

868 is used there and that model can do dual frequency, both North American manuals listed specifically state it can't and all receivers have to be identical

Which is odd

Reply to
mleuck

mleuck wrote in news:5d337cb7-00c8-4d16-9a63- snipped-for-privacy@e25g2000yqh.googlegroups.com:

I had a rep tell me once that you could use both freq's with the 5320, but it was a pain to program. you had to un-hook the 433 and program all the

900's then rewire the 433 and program all it's sensors. i have not had an occsion to try this, but i was asking because i have a few older systems out there with 900mhz sensors still on them.
Reply to
motley me

Looking at the euro documentation it does like it hinders download programming

Reply to
mleuck

They also dont tell you it will only supervise one of the 2 receivers.

Reply to
James B

formatting link

Log on to Find out how you can make money by clicking my Web Site. You will find good Affiiliates for health products, such as EDTA-Oral Chelation, Apricot kernels for cancer treament, Other affiliates are for Computers, household products, Satellite TV (You may watch International Channel on your Computer), Download Commmercial Movies, Email, Free Horoscope.

Reply to
Yvan Hall

Will the free horoscope tell someone if the apricot kernal cancer treatment will work?

Reply to
mleuck

oducts, such as EDTA-Oral

I think you have to read it in your entrails as the float in the toilet bowel.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.