DSC-Cross Zone Police Code Alarm PROBLEM

This old man needs help from an expert-I'm stumped. I have a 1 1/2 year old self installed/programmed-DSC 832 System. The Board is labeled 50/300. Thus far everything seems to work fine except:

In my residence I wish to use the Cross Zone Police Code feature to reduce FALSE ALARMS from a single zone. I have programmed [328]Miscellaneous Alarm Reporting Codes, Option #6 Cross Zone Police Code Alarm as "4A".

Today I did 3 tests.The central station got alarms for both the entry zones & the MIR zones correctly but did not receive the 4A code.

Typically I would want them to dispatch police after intruder violates a perimeter/entry zone and an interior MIR (or less likely 2 perimeter/entry type zones) The Cross Zone Police Code Alarm seems perfect for doing that. They would dispatch if "4A" is received & they could not contact us by phone.

FYI, I use my LCD keypad for programming and have tripled checked that [328] option #6 is "4a". HELP PLEASE. THANKS

Reply to
OldManTrying
Loading thread data ...

If you programmed a 4A into the cross zone police code reporting slot, and your panel is set to transmit contact ID, the central station will receive a "14A" or possibly a "140" js

Reply to
alarman

YES. You are correct the board appends a "1" on the front of the 4A, but the central station said they did not get anything for cross zone. But..I shall test again and ask them again to look carefully for a 14A or a 4A or a 140..but shouldn't they see and English string for the code too?

THANKS

Reply to
oldmantrying

they "should"

| >> In my residence I wish to use the Cross Zone Police Code feature to | >> reduce FALSE ALARMS from a single zone. I have programmed | >> [328]Miscellaneous Alarm Reporting Codes, Option #6 Cross Zone Police | >> Code Alarm as "4A". | >>

| >> Today I did 3 tests.The central station got alarms for both the entry | >> zones & the MIR zones correctly but did not receive the 4A code. | >>

| >> Typically I would want them to dispatch police after intruder violates | >> a perimeter/entry zone and an interior MIR (or less likely 2 | >> perimeter/entry type zones) The Cross Zone Police Code Alarm seems | >> perfect for doing that. They would dispatch if "4A" is received & they | >> could not contact us by phone. | >>

| >> FYI, I use my LCD keypad for programming and have tripled checked that | >> [328] option #6 is "4a". HELP PLEASE. THANKS | >

|
Reply to
Crash Gordon

Reply to
alarman

As I work at a station and I know that there software needs to be configured to see what you are sending.

Also, what reporting format are you sending in? try changing to automatic sia and advised your station and then test.

Reply to
Dana Wiegner

I use Contact ID. The central station I use doesn't support SIA I was told when I first installed my system.

If I were to use SIA I would have to reprogram ALL the codes I send them, wouldn't I? Or does the name AUTO SIA really mean the codes sent are automatically chosen by the software? Reprogramming is not impossible task but still..

More interesting... I will ask them about the possibility that their software has to be configured to recognize my sending Contact ID code for cross zone.

I wonder, is there a central station supporting Contact ID who I could send a test with the Cross Zone codes--for a fee of course???? That way I could find out if I am really sending the cross zone code. I only would have to change the phone number and perhaps my partition ID for the test only.

Thanks for your >As I work at a station and I know that there software needs to be configured

Reply to
oldmantrying

Contact ID is a format that sends an event code, area (partition) and a zone. For example a fire alarm in area 1 on zone 10 would come to the central station as E11001010.

The E indicates this signal is an event, not a restore. The next 3 digits are the event code, 110 = Fire Alarm. The next 2 digits are the area, 01. The last 3 digits are the zone, 010.

No text is sent other than the E or the R. The zone description has to reside in the automation system.

Contact ID has hundreds of standard events and most automation systems are able to translate the event even if an exact zone description does not exist. For example, if the fire alarm above was ?Smoke Detectors on Second Floor? the automation system would display Fire Alarm Smoke Detectors on Second Floor. If the automation system did not have the zone description it would display Fire Alarm Invalid or just Fire Alarm.

I hope this helps.

Ron Wies Monitoring America Alarm Co-Op

formatting link

Reply to
rwies

Ron and all,

That was a very helpful explanation of what the central station actually receives.

Is the following example correct?

If the cross zone is created by:

First violating zone 03 which is an entry door. The violation of zone

03 is programmed to transmit a (1)34 meaning Burglary,Entry/Exit. Yes,I programmed the "34" for zone 03 and the system adds the "1". Zone 03 is in area 01.

The central station will then receive E13401003, Correct?

The second violation is an interior motion detector in zone 05 which I have programmed to send (1)32 meaning Burglary, Interior. Zone 05 is in area 01.

The central station will then receive E13201005, Correct?

What would they receive for the CrossZone(Police Code) Alarm condition that has been created by two different zones being violated? E14A01??? If the last three digits are the zone, which of the two contributing zones are sent?... Or for an event not directly tied to a single zone does the pattern sent to the central station differ from the example you gave us.

My central station has the English strings(text) for each of my zones programmed into their computer. When I ask them what they got from a test they tell me the NAME and number of the zone(s) violated.

If I can understand the exact text string the central station gets for the Cross Zone condition perhaps I can tell them that .It may help them find out if they received it.

In previous tests they have received everything they should (except cross zone). They are able to tell me the exact sequence of violations by names of zones and the restores. I do NOT send them openings,closings, tampers, and most maintenance events except duress, opening after alarm,recent closing.

Are there third parties whom I can test cross zone with?

Thanks for all the help.

snipped-for-privacy@wies.net wrote:

Reply to
oldguytrying

Actually I think they will receive a 40

Reply to
Mark Leuck

It's things like this that forbid me to program 832's with Contact ID

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Thats enough to make me find another central station

Auto SIA sends the proper codes regardless of what is programmed into the report location (except 00). Why they never added auto CID until recently is beyond me

Reply to
Mark Leuck

"Mark Leuck" wrote in news:y9ydneHaObsLlAfZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

I have a DSC 864. I use cross zoning on several zones. If you use auto contact ID Reporting the panel automatically sends a report code in response to the cross zone set up. If 1 or more of the zones designated as cross zones are violated within the pre-set time, the panel sends a contact ID code as "alarm verifier"

Reply to
Kevin

Correct but until recently the 832 didn't have auto Contact ID like the 1555 and 5020 do

Reply to
Mark Leuck

The 832 now has auto contact ID?? js

Top posted just to piss off John

Reply to
alarman

Maybe some of your feedback may be referring to later VERSIONS of the DSC 832 than I have. I have an installation manual & programming worksheets booklet that are VERSION 2.0. I assume, perhaps incorrectly, that I have a Version 2.0 board. Board was purchased NEW.

The only place I can program for Cross Zone is [328] Miscellaneous Alarm Reporting Codes. I do not see any opportunity to program anything about which ZONES or TIME between violations that constitute cross zone. I have read in later Versions' manuals ( V 3.0 I think) that you can program times and perhaps other options. For [101]-[132] I only have 8 options per zone.

Maybe there is a parameter that I have programmed incorrectly.

Here are the ones that MIGHT possibly effect cross zone and my programming of these. I think all the parameters associated with cross zone are programmed correctly because the central station gets everything ELSE correctly.

[328] option 4 & 5 = FF,OPTION 6 of course= 4A [001]-[004] Doors=01, Windows=03, Some motions are=06, most are 05 [320]-[327] doors=34,windows=31, motions=32 [330]-[338]=FF [339]-[348] all except Duress are FF [349]-[351] all FF (If I am not home nobody to fix anything) [352]-353]=FF [360] option 1=on, others=OFF [362]-[364]=off [365] option 1=on, rest=off [366]=all off [367] option 1=ON, rest=off [367] option 1=on, rest off [368]= OFF [370] 003,003,003,000,000,003,001,001,000,000 (all except AC fail =default even though some will never happen) [371]0000 [380]1=ON rest OFF [381]-end off,FFFF

AGAIN, MUCH THANKS FOR YOUR FEEDBACK.I AM LEARNING A LOT.

-----------------------------------------

Reply to
oldmantrying

PROBLEM RESOLVED

I just performed another test with my central station. In today's test I stayed on my cell phone with them. I asked them to look for E140 or such after receiving alarms from 2 of my zones. They saw E140.

Thanks to all of you folks for the help you have provided. I learned a lot.

Reply to
oldmantrying

Assuming that you have contact ID programmmed in both locations in 360, you have 361 option 1 as on ,that you don't have the system partitioned and you don't have transmission delay enabled in the zone attributes, then I would try changing section 363 option 1 and 368 option 1 to on, if that doesn't help then you could try another code in section 328 instead of 4A such as

33 just to see if the CS is mishandling 4A

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

In the new 3.2 version that doesn't seem to be out anywhere yet, also the new panels have it

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cross Zone trouble report code seems to be a 378 in the SIA CID table however I don't think the 832 will properly report it

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.