DSC Communications trouble -

Am I the only one who is programming this to call their cell?

When I set it up as pager communication: Section '360' option '05' It doesn't seem to call my cell. The format is as follows; I only have one number now set up as;

1 out of 3 banks. 1.) D5125893227EECFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF 2.) DFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF 3.) DFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

When I use 360 : option '03' it at least dial my cell number and rings it., but dials it back like 5-6 times. I think that's because the call is "unsucessful".

Does [161] (post dial wait for handshake) make any difference? It's set to 40

IF someone out there has their DSC dial their mobile phone only, please post the few important settings to do this. And obviously there will be no specific notification to a Cell phone, right?

Reply to
wilsonbradley
Loading thread data ...

" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.spamfree.com" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

No.

Correct. What have you programmed in the zone reporting codes?? You can't leave them as "FF" in pager format. For instance:

Alarm Report:

Zone 1 - 31 Zone 2 - 32 Zone 3 - 33 ...

Restorals:

Zone 1 - 41 Zone 2 - 42 Zone 3 - 43 ...

Program your fire zones with a different lead-in digit. Instead of a "3" for instance, use a "1". Try and avoid "0's" in your account number. Go with "1,2,3,4", or "2,2,2,2". Make sure the system is reporting alarms and restorals on the same phone number.

If you need more help, email me.

Good luck!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

Why would you think Contact ID would report properly to your cell phone?

Yes play with that and then afterwards re-read the communicator instructions

Obviously

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Yes. The system is designed to be connected to a central monitoring station. When it communicates with the central station receiver, it receives an acknowledgement. It's not designed to call your frigging cell phone.

Oh, Jesus.

js

Reply to
alarman

He said it more than once

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

Maybe he can understand a dialect of CID?

| > Am I the only one who is programming this to call their cell? | >

| >

| > When I set it up as pager communication: Section '360' option '05' | > It doesn't seem to call my cell. | > The format is as follows; | > I only have one number now set up as; | > 1 out of 3 banks. | > 1.) D5125893227EECFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF | > 2.) DFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF | > 3.) DFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF | >

| >

| > When I use 360 : option '03' it at least dial my cell number and rings | > it., but dials it back like 5-6 times. I think that's because the | > call is "unsucessful". | | Why would you think Contact ID would report properly to your cell phone? | | > Does [161] (post dial wait for handshake) make any difference? It's set | > to 40 | | Yes play with that and then afterwards re-read the communicator instructions | | | > IF someone out there has their DSC dial their mobile phone only, please | > post the few important settings to do this. | > And obviously there will be no specific notification to a Cell phone, | > right? | | Obviously | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

My guess is network engineer. js

Reply to
alarman

Who was it that once said "It isn't rocket science"?

How much do you want to bet this guy is one of those "I'm handy with electronics and circuitry and I designed the Saturn V bla bla bla" ?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Mary, Moses and Joseph!!! :-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

As a self-respecting DIYer who stumbles along and eventually succeeds, I represent that remark (smile).

Reply to
Armond Perretta

Fine...

Who was it that said more than once but less than 100 times "This isn't rocket science" ?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Pager phone number goes in the number 3 slot if I remember correctly.

Terry

------------------------------- Securitech Security Services Ontario, Canada

formatting link

-------------------------------

"We started the under $10 thing, So... shut up!"

Reply to
Securitech

He wants it to call his cell.

| >Am I the only one who is programming this to call their cell? | >

| >

| >When I set it up as pager communication: Section '360' option '05' | >It doesn't seem to call my cell. | >The format is as follows; | >I only have one number now set up as; | >1 out of 3 banks. | >1.) D5125893227EECFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF | >2.) DFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF | >3.) DFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF | >

| | Pager phone number goes in the number 3 slot if I remember correctly. | | Terry | ------------------------------- | Securitech Security Services | Ontario, Canada |

formatting link
| ------------------------------- | | "We started the under $10 thing, So... shut up!" |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

You know I really appreciate the feedback from Frank Olsen and other who have something helpful to add and explained it straight forward. I mean that is what makes the Internet efficient. The other comments.... what a waste of time. Who's perfect? I mean because you're good at something or understand it, why degrade or belittle others? Is there something you don't know that others are able to help you with? Would be nice when they do...

Anyway, thanks guys who helped... It's coming along, and honestly I hate having to mess with it, but at the moment I don't have a choice.

Thanks for taking the time...

Reply to
wilsonbradley

are you f****ng talking to me?...if you are sod off...i've been trying to help you throughout this stupid thread.

belittle you? read what I said again jackoff.

" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.spamfree.com" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... | You know I really appreciate the feedback from Frank Olsen and other | who have something helpful to add and explained it straight forward. I | mean that is what makes the Internet efficient. The other comments.... | what a waste of time. | Who's perfect? I mean because you're good at something or understand | it, why degrade or belittle others? Is there something you don't know | that others are able to help you with? Would be nice when they do... | | Anyway, thanks guys who helped... It's coming along, and honestly I | hate having to mess with it, but at the moment I don't have a choice. | | Thanks for taking the time... |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I'll tell you a little story, the story of a kid who wanted to work for a major electronics firm designing future electrical devices...

He studied all through high school learning basic circuit design and read every book he could at the local library however he knew he had to go to college to learn the more demanding stuff. The day before he graduated high school his father had an accident at the mill. They put him on one of those life support machines and it was expensive...so expensive the family didn't have enough money to send the kid to college and he ended up working for an alarm company doing tech support...

Think about that next time you ask a question in this newsgroup

Reply to
Mark Leuck

You're depressing me again...you know I can't handle sad stories, why do you do that ?

| > Anyway, thanks guys who helped... It's coming along, and honestly I | > hate having to mess with it, but at the moment I don't have a choice. | >

| > Thanks for taking the time... | | I'll tell you a little story, the story of a kid who wanted to work for a | major electronics firm designing future electrical devices... | | He studied all through high school learning basic circuit design and read | every book he could at the local library however he knew he had to go to | college to learn the more demanding stuff. The day before he graduated high | school his father had an accident at the mill. They put him on one of those | life support machines and it was expensive...so expensive the family didn't | have enough money to send the kid to college and he ended up working for an | alarm company doing tech support... | | Think about that next time you ask a question in this newsgroup | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

ok...you have to warn me next time, you know how emotional I can be.

| >

| >

| > | > Anyway, thanks guys who helped... It's coming along, and honestly I | > | > hate having to mess with it, but at the moment I don't have a choice. | > | >

| > | > Thanks for taking the time... | > | | > | I'll tell you a little story, the story of a kid who wanted to work for | a | > | major electronics firm designing future electrical devices... | > | | > | He studied all through high school learning basic circuit design and | read | > | every book he could at the local library however he knew he had to go to | > | college to learn the more demanding stuff. The day before he graduated | > high | > | school his father had an accident at the mill. They put him on one of | > those | > | life support machines and it was expensive...so expensive the family | > didn't | > | have enough money to send the kid to college and he ended up working for | > an | > | alarm company doing tech support... | > | | > | Think about that next time you ask a question in this newsgroup | > | | > | | > | | >

| >

| | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Oh that didn't happen to me

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Sounds like you need to get out more :)

in

news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.