DSC brain problem

i install DSC all day long and i suggest dont waist your time on a PC1500 and second of all you probably zaped the eprom with the ressetable programing on it panel is unfixable and also know that the minute a panel has been reseted its not under warranty anymore because they know it means troubble :)

a new Board PC 1555 mx is like 95 dollars and it come with one keypad one motion amd power supply

Reply to
SF9026
Loading thread data ...

My sister's house came with a DSC PC1500 (or maybe PC1550, I don't recall exactly) system, and I finally got around to tracking down a manual and trying to set it up for her... but no luck. The reset process seemed to work properly, on some tries... on others it had no effect. The master code was reset to default, but the installer code appears to be locked out.

After several different reset attempts, it eventually locked up hard with all the panel LEDs lit, and I can't clear them - even powering off for days, it still comes up with them all lit solid.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to reset this thing back to factory? Or is it the same as the Paradox, where locking out the installer code can only be "undone" at the factory?

TIA...

Reply to
Matt Ion

Thanks for the tip... I've actually been considering replacing my own PC1500 home alarm (came with the place when we bought it) with a Paradox system (my employer's regular wholesaler handles Paradox, so I can get it at cost); I've found their programming a LOT easier and I've been

*VERY* impressed lately with their customer service), and just transferring this PC1500 to my sister's place :) Sounds like her existing system is a paperweight now...

SF9026 wrote:

Reply to
Matt Ion

What's happened is you have partially defaulted the board. All the zones are open because everything except the installer code has been defaulted back to factory. This happens when the board is locked (you can tell when it "clicks" when powered up with AC). If you're in Eastern Canada, I can unlock it for you but with postage both ways, and $20 for the default process, it's hardly worth it.....(www3.sympatico.ca/rh.campbell/unlocking_services.htm)

The 1500 is old, and can't be dialed into for upload / download purposes (the 1550 can however), so best to simply replace it with a newer system. You wouldn't run your business with a 286 class computer, so why run your home security with the same vintage alarm panel, especially with alarm panels being so inexpensive nowadays.

BTW, to my knowledge, none of the factories will unlock boards that have been locked out. That would defeat the lockout security feature of their boards, plus this way they get to sell another board...

R.H.Campbell Home Security Metal Products Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

formatting link

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.