DSC Alexor

Hey Guys,

From Australia and moving into a new rental property in a less than desirable area.

I have been looking at the DSC Alexor system from homesecuritystore.com, looks like a fantastic system.

Has anyone installed/used this system - what are the advantages and drawbacks?

I am looking at getting the system shiped from the US (Australian security companies want to charge me over $1400) can anyone suggest a supplier, or company?

Reply to
opticalee
Loading thread data ...

I'm not sure that you're going to be able to get the Australian approved version from a US online supplier. Otherwise, Alexor is a great product. Easy to program and install!

Reply to
Frank Kurz

Advantages Wireless keypad Proxy tag arming/disarming Bi-directional CO detector and keyfob

Drawbacks Only 2 hardwire zones Non-standard, not easy to find battery No compatibility with existing DSC expander boards Awkward method of adding 2-way voice which requires another box to fit the PC5950 Very little aux power Limited to one type of keypad which is wireless Proxy tax is rather large Bi-directional keyfob is kinda sucky

The only advantage to the system is if the installer is too lazy to run a keypad wire, other than that you are better off with a PC1616

Reply to
mleuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.