DSC 9047-433

Have a customer (long term client) who recently came to be in charge of a property containing a 9047-433. He has the same low regard for all in one systems that I do, (thank goodness) and he wants to have an external siren which is possible using the zone/pgms, but is beyond the power capacity of the panel for the siren he wants. He would like me to replace it with a more conventional panel, but retain his wireless devices. Which current DSC panel/receiver/keypad(can program) is going to be the minimum to achieve this? Looks like there are 8 points of wireless in use. From the manual it looks like that is the max for the

9047 not counting FOBs.

Sorry, except for a few takeovers I have not installed DSC in 15 years.

Bob La Londe

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

I think the wireless will still switch over they have that 6-16 panel and think its 8-24 you could put in and would be a good substitute but you will have to upgrade the keypads.

Reply to
nick markowitz

You are making fun of me right? LOL.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

RHC: Seems like you might be able to keep the existing panel and use an available PGM set to go to ground upon alarm, to trip another external relay with it's own separate 12 volt power supply to power that 30 Watt honker. A bit convoluted all right, but I doubt there's much else available that I can think of off the top of my head with that old squawk box....

Or you could look at DSC's new Alexor panel....a decent unit for the price and it will take all the old wireless as long as it's 433 mhz stuff...32 wireless zones, 2 onboard hardwired zones (31 and 32) or 2 pgms (your choice of one or the other) and run the external siren with the relay arrangement above. I'm not sure if it will power an external siren (don't think so). At least you can separate the keypad and control panel this way....

The other panel you could use is the 6 zone DSC 1616 (expandable to 32 zones with wirless) with the keypad with the built in wireless receiver (RF5501 I think it is...) Then your problem is basically solved because this is a conventional panel and will easily drive that honker AND the old wirless will work. These are often sold as kits by Tried at giveaway prices....

Reply to
tourman

Wasn't making fun was trying to remember panel numbers thats what i was thinking was 1616 nice panel have couple out there put a bunch in dollar stores for national accts.

Reply to
nick markowitz

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.