DSC 832 #4 FTC Error

Guys,

I was about to setup my system with an alarm monitoring company and just to test I put my cell number in and entered a duress code to test if it worked. The system worked, called me on my cell and I hung up. Well, the sucker kept calling me back and I finally had to turn off my phone. No big deal because it stopped after a while except my keypad now keps coming up with a FTC error. I have the manual but I'm missing on how to clear this error.

If someone can maybe point me to a page in the manual I will try to figure it out.....I just can't seem to find it.

Thanks, JOoe.

Reply to
Joe Nortman
Loading thread data ...

Change the reporting format to pager format in section 360. It will dial once, then stop. No more com failures.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Thank you very much. I take it that change will also then clear my trouble light?

Joe.

Reply to
Joe Nortman

remove the phone number and unpower the alarm system and repower it..(remove ac and battery and replug both..)

Reply to
Petem

The system is looking to communicate with a receiver. If it doesn't get a special tone it can't transmit the alarm codes. It will keep trying for however many attempts you've programmed and then shut down and initiate a "Fail to Communicate" trouble.

There are two ways to clear this trouble. A successful communication with a central station receiver is one. Resetting your system is the other, however, if you fail to remove your cell phone number and your system tries to communicate again, you'll wind up with the same problem.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Yes, it should. Send a signal and see what happens. If it doesn't go away, power cycle the panel and try again.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.