DSC 5501 -> 5500 upgrade?

I'm a new DUY'er and I just finished installing a small home security setup for my Home office. It's a DSC Power 832 with just one door and one motion sensor. Installation went fine and with a little programming help from my retailer the system works great (Thanks Home Security Store!). I'm now considering expanding my system with another partition for the rest of the house. Here's my questions:

How much easier is programming with the 5500 keypad (as apposed to the

5501)?

Is the software interface a better way to go to simplify programming? I noticed that my retailer doesn't offer tech support for the software, so is the transition from a working keypad system, to software complicated?

Thanks,

Tim

Reply to
t_reisig
Loading thread data ...

The 5500 makes it very easy to program... I have both the 5501 and a

5500, and it has other advantages also. For example, if you put a sensor > I'm a new DUY'er and I just finished installing a small home security
Reply to
mikesus

In your case, you are right. So........contact Robert L. Bass, the DIY guru and see if he can't set up a newsgroup specifically for the home burglar alarm handyman. That way you won't be bothering the alarm industry for free info. You should also buy all of your equipment from him. He has a great reputation with the BBB. Robert will be in his glory, as the "go to" guy, and you DIYers can compare notes about all your new accomplishments, which are on things we all have probably forgotten by now. Have a nice life snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com. E-mail your insults directly to Mikey, so he doesn't think we are bashing him in public.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

that's a great idea Bob. You listening Rob Bass? your own diy newsgroup. or you could just use alt.security.doityourself and would not have to start your own! of course some of us would still have to frequent your group to correct your errors. ;) you're welcome.

Reply to
Robo

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.