DSC 1832 Questions

Greetings All,

I'm replacing an old DSC PC3000 panel with a DSC 1832 v4.6 panel. Obviousl y, I noticed some programming differences and am hoping to get some clarifi cation from the group. I originally installed the PC3000 and programmed it myself back in 1996 so I'm a little rusty here and looking for some help. Here's my questions:

1. Do I have to use DSC's line of Smoke Detectors? I currently have (2) Sy stem Sensor 4 wire latching smokes model 2412's with a RM-1 end-of-line sup ervision relay. If I can still use the System Sensor smokes, any gotcha's with the programming for the smokes?

1. I will be using (2) PK5500ENG Keypads. Do I have to assign each one to a specific Keypad Partition/Slot or can both be in slot8?

2. How many zone label characters can I use to describe the zones on the PK
5500? I thought I read somewhere I could only have 14 characters. However , the marketing brochures tell me 32 characters.

1. Finally, has anyone used the EnvisaLink module to allow remote Internet access to Arm/Disarm/Check Status etc? Is this hard to program or install as an add-on product?

Thanks in advance for your replies and assistance for this 2nd time DIY'er.

Regards

Reply to
jamulla9303
Loading thread data ...

I'd suggest that you ask at

formatting link

sly, I noticed some programming differences and am hoping to get some clari fication from the group. I originally installed the PC3000 and programmed it myself back in 1996 so I'm a little rusty here and looking for some help . Here's my questions:

System Sensor 4 wire latching smokes model 2412's with a RM-1 end-of-line s upervision relay. If I can still use the System Sensor smokes, any gotcha' s with the programming for the smokes?

o a specific Keypad Partition/Slot or can both be in slot8?

PK5500? I thought I read somewhere I could only have 14 characters. Howev er, the marketing brochures tell me 32 characters.

t access to Arm/Disarm/Check Status etc? Is this hard to program or instal l as an add-on product?

Reply to
Jim

Who runs that site? I just signed up.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Who runs that site? I just signed up.

Reply to
BurfordTJustice

ously, I noticed some programming differences and am hoping to get some cla rification from the group. I originally installed the PC3000 and programme d it myself back in 1996 so I'm a little rusty here and looking for some he lp. Here's my questions:

) System Sensor 4 wire latching smokes model 2412's with a RM-1 end-of-line supervision relay. If I can still use the System Sensor smokes, any gotch a's with the programming for the smokes?

to a specific Keypad Partition/Slot or can both be in slot8?

e PK5500? I thought I read somewhere I could only have 14 characters. How ever, the marketing brochures tell me 32 characters.

net access to Arm/Disarm/Check Status etc? Is this hard to program or inst all as an add-on product?

Jim, Thank you for providing the link to the DIY forum. I have since registered and posted my questions there. I started with this newsgroup first as it w as what I had used back in 1996 to obtain info when setting up the PC3000. Thanks again and best regards.

Reply to
jamulla9303

sly, I noticed some programming differences and am hoping to get some clari fication from the group. I originally installed the PC3000 and programmed it myself back in 1996 so I'm a little rusty here and looking for some help . Here's my questions:

System Sensor 4 wire latching smokes model 2412's with a RM-1 end-of-line s upervision relay. If I can still use the System Sensor smokes, any gotcha' s with the programming for the smokes?

RHC: No, just decide if you need a delay versus instant transmission to the station

o a specific Keypad Partition/Slot or can both be in slot8?

RHC: Both can be in slot 8 and will only show as global in software

t access to Arm/Disarm/Check Status etc? Is this hard to program or instal l as an add-on product?

RHC: Yes, I have installed about 50 of them for both monitoring purposes as well as to give clients the smart phone features they wish. It's a superb unit. You will have to pay an unlock fee in order to change the address IP from their monitoring station to yours if you wish to use it for monitoring as well. Or you can use their monitoring services for about $9 a month. Th ese folks at EyesOn are great to deal with and this is a superb product (oo ps said that already...) There is a fair learning curve with this equipment, but this is to be expec ted.

Reply to
tourman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.