DS9370 Question

Is anyone here familiar with the Detection Systems (now Bosch) DS9370 tri technology sensor? There is a similar configuration unit which is model DS939. DS939 is PIR only and DS9370 is tri technology.

My question is does the DS9370 only trigger when two techologies both trigger at the same time? If someone triggers just one of the technologies you get different colored lights, and I'm wondering would these partial triggers generate any messages on an Ademco 128BP panel? I would like to be able to review the log after a month for the DS9370 and see how many triggers we had of one of the two technologies at hours when no one is supposed to be there.

Another question on these: the DS939 appears to trigger fairly quickly on the slightest motion (even when set to the "Low" sensitivity setting). The DS9370 appears to be much harder to trigger on two technologies, and you can walk by it slowly and usually not get a trigger. On a tritech unit, is it generally advised to run at a higher sensitivity setting?

Reply to
Will
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.