Do you know?

Do you know who made this interesting looking rare earth magnet?

formatting link

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

looks like a pull-a-part magnet sleeve.. the magnet is glued in the tip of the mount..

RTS

Do you know who made this interesting looking rare earth magnet?

formatting link

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

formatting link
If I had to guess .... I'd say Sentrol. What's it's dimensions? And do you know what kind of switch it's for. An overhead door contact(?)

Reply to
Jim

u know what kind of switch it's for. An overhead door contact(?)

The overall aluminum body is 1.4995 inches long and .8440 inches wide. The= rounded body that hold the magnet is .5025 inches wide, by .495 inches thi= ck. The magnet is .250 inches in diameter and the length is obscured by th= e body of the mounting block, although I suspect that an iron filing and pa= per test would show it to be apx a standard .750 long. The mounting flange= is apx .195 inches thick. =20

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I think Tane made that unit sentrol has a similar unit as does GRI but there all plastic

Reply to
NickMark

all plastic

Can you post a link, or is the one you are thinking of discontinued?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Nobody?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

snipped-for-privacy@nl3g2000pbc.googlegroups.com... > Do you know w= ho made this interesting looking rare earth magnet? > >

formatting link
> Nobody?

I looked around Bob, I couldn't find anything and it doesn't look familiar = to me.

Do you know if it's old or not? Could be old and discontinued.=20

Depending upon how important it is, since you have somewhat of a lead, you = might want to contanct Tane or Sentrol direct and while talking to them sen= d them a pic of the device. Someone might be able to tell you if you're cha= sing a non existant product or not.=20

Also, just a reminder, there are some companies out there ( Including Jim R= ojas) who deal in old alarm products. I have a name of a company some where= . I can look it up if you need it.

Reply to
Jim

It is not old. I do not "need" one.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com... > On Sunday, November 18, 2012 12:32:37 AM = UTC-5, Bob La Londe wrote: >> "Bob La Londe" wro= te in message >> news: snipped-for-privacy@nl3g2000pbc.goog= legroups.com... >> > Do you know who made this interesting looking rare ear= th magnet? > > >>

formatting link
> Nob= ody? > > I looked around Bob, I couldn't find anything and it doesn't look = familiar > to me. > > Do you know if it's old or not? Could be old and disc= ontinued. > > Depending upon how important it is, since you have somewhat o= f a lead, you > might want to contanct Tane or Sentrol direct and while tal= king to them > send them a pic of the device. Someone might be able to tell= you if you're > chasing a non existant product or not. > > Also, just a re= minder, there are some companies out there ( Including Jim > Rojas) who dea= l in old alarm products. I have a name of a company some > where. I can loo= k it up if you need it. It is not old. I do not "need" one.

Maybe it's used for something else.

Do you "know" that it is an alarm product?

Also, I know that Sentrol isn't the same company it used to be but I know t= hat it had a number of products that it didn't normally show in it's line u= p or catalogs.

Reply to
Jim

Absolutely. I know for a fact it was manufactured specifically to hold that magnet in that position for a particular application.

Sentrol used to be kind of cool. The 6255FM kind of made my mark with the home builders in the area. All flush / concealed / low profile installation in custom homes. The metal FBII RM keypads too. I bet I still have atleast one copy of Sentrol's old spiral bound installation handbook around somewhere too.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

If it helps... It was not cast. I was not extruded. It was machined out of a single piece of aluminum. The magnet is not glued. It is press fit.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Do you guys give up yet?

Need another hint?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

My guess is it was you who made it

Doug

Reply to
doug

On Monday, November 19, 2012 8:22:07 PM UTC-5, Bob La Londe wrote: Absolutely. I know for a fact it was manufactured specifically to hold tha= t magnet in that position for a particular application. > Also, I know that= Sentrol isn't the same company it used to be but I know > that it had a nu= mber of products that it didn't normally show in it's line > up or catalogs= . Sentrol used to be kind of cool. The 6255FM kind of made my mark with the= home builders in the area. All flush / concealed / low profile installatio= n in custom homes. The metal FBII RM keypads too. I bet I still have atleas= t one copy of Sentrol's old spiral bound installation handbook around somew= here too.

I have some of the FBII keypads both surface and flush. As a matter of fact= , I have an FBII XL2 on my boat with a flush keypad. I wired it up. Tested = it. Depowered it. Dipped it in PCB sealant. Let it dry. mounted it in the b= ox and caulked it closed....... and it's been working ever since. Been abou= t 18 years now. Powered dirctly off the boat batteries.=20

I have a Sentrol catalog somewhere too. Just for nostalga .... I guess.=20

I didn't realize that identifying your magnet was a test. I thought you wan= ted to purchase another.=20

But .... I give up....

Reply to
Jim

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner. LOL.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.