DMV Just makes my day

I got pulled over a while back because the tags on one of my service trucks were expired. I couldn't believe it. I always pay the renewals as soon as they come in.

The cop called it in and determined my registration was current. He let us go. Didn't even give us a lecture about it. All I can figure is I never received the tag. I always put them on the trucvks as soon as they arrive in the mail.

About a month ago I stopped in at the local DMV office and bought a new tag, and as long as I was there I went ahead and paid for another year. The new tag is on the truck, and the paid registration is in the glove compartment.

This morning I received a renewal notice in the mail. Sigh! I guess instead of working I get to spend my morning over at the DMV doing somebody else's job for them.

I guess DMV must stand for Dumb Mother Vumpers.

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

A truck I owned free & clear and registered it every year for 4 years... then I get a call from the cops that the vehicle is a stolen vehicle...almost 5 years into owning it!! What a mess. They had to impound it for almost a month while we got it cleared up. Apparently it was a recovered vehicle but the original owner's insurance company never informed the national registry (or whatever they call it) that it was recovered and legally sold to me. It never showed up on annual renewal only on a title change do they check the national db

Fuked up.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

It must be the Arizona heat frying everyones brains.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Was it a lady cop? Maybe she just wanted to meet you.

The cop called it in and determined my registration was current. He let us go. Didn't even give us a lecture about it. All I can figure is I never received the tag. I always put them on the trucvks as soon as they arrive in the mail.

About a month ago I stopped in at the local DMV office and bought a new tag, and as long as I was there I went ahead and paid for another year. The new tag is on the truck, and the paid registration is in the glove compartment.

This morning I received a renewal notice in the mail. Sigh! I guess instead of working I get to spend my morning over at the DMV doing somebody else's job for them.

I guess DMV must stand for Dumb Mother Vumpers.

Reply to
mikey

man...I'm dying the past week with the heat and humidity up.

12' ceilings don't help either..up the ladder...down the ladder...upp theadder...dnw th madder. gettin too old i guess.

| > Fuked up. | >

| >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

It finally cooled off here. Finished a job in La Jolla yesterday, and since Mission Beach was right there, well....ahhhhh the water's about 78 degrees. Surf 's up. Life is good. js

Reply to
alarman

One way this can happen is if someone steals the sticker off your license plate. Cop stopped me for that once, and I not only showed her the current registration but a chunk of the stolen registration sticker they missed. She wrote me a ticket anyway, apparently just to make sure I ordered a new sticker..

- badenov

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

Sounds like she had something to prove. Mopst of the solid cops who do good police work woulnd't waste your time or theirs writing a ticket. They would log it though.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

It depends. Traffic cops are paid to write tickets. Patrol cops might just use the expired tab as a reason to make the stop. More stops = more arrests. The bad guys drive around too. js

Reply to
alarman

Yeah, but its dismissed (no fine) when he goes down and wastes his day standing in line to buy a replacement tab. Its a stupid ticket to write. Not safety related, and won't generate any revenue.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Yup. I got a parking ticket once because the front wheel of my motorcycle wasn't touching the curb. js

Reply to
alarman

LOL. That's a stupid way to park a motorcycle. I always back my bike in so I don't have to back it out against the curve of the road.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Hey, next beach job...gimme a call, I need a break. My son went back to college in LA last week so now I'm down a guy - thats why Im pullin freekin wire again.

78 is waaayyy too cold fer me these days!
Reply to
Crash Gordon

I'm in San Diego, bud. They're ALL beach jobs. C'mon down. js

Reply to
alarman

Not sure when parents weekend is this year, but if I go to see my son then, I'll give ya a ring.

| > 78 is waaayyy too cold fer me these days! | | I'm in San Diego, bud. They're ALL beach jobs. C'mon down. | js | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I owe ya a case of beer anyway...just remembered.

| > 78 is waaayyy too cold fer me these days! | | I'm in San Diego, bud. They're ALL beach jobs. C'mon down. | js | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Great, but...you do know that LA is two hours north of me....right? js

Reply to
alarman

I drink diet pepsi nowadays. It would take me two years to drink a case of beer. js

Reply to
alarman

Ha!...mee too! I still have a six pack left from my birthday party...9 months ago! Gettin old aint no fun eh? Yah I know Sam Diego is 2 hours .

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Hi Bob,

I don't know if I told you before but after our earlier discussion I decided on a pair of scooters instead of a motorcycle. The one in Brazil is a 125cc Yamaha. With the heavy traffic and the slow speed limits there it was all I needed.

For Florida roads I bought a Burgman 650. It looks like a scooter and it operates like a scooter, but it's built for highway speeds. I never took it over 100 mph and frankly, I prefer to stay within 10-15 mph of the speed limit.

Parking a bike is wierd in Florida. I like to park tail in so it's easy to leave but in some places the cops leave a warning note on cars or bikes if they aren't parked head in. I never got a ticket though.

One of the nice things about a big scooter is that cops pretty much ignore them on the road. They seem to think they're all Vespas. Even when I pass them in traffic they never so much as turn a head. The only down side of it is I haven't been able to ride since my surgery. In a couple of weeks I'll start again.

BTW, I took your (or was it Bob C's) advice and took the MSF training course. It was excellent. I recommend it to anyone who rides, new or experienced.

Regards, Robert L Bass

formatting link

Reply to
robertlbass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.