DLS PCLINK CONNECTION

While i am downloading dsc panels via dls and md12 modem, a i cannnot establish connection with pclink locally. The efficiency bar is full, status online but progress never starts... any idea?

Reply to
spyros
Loading thread data ...

ablish connection with pclink locally. The efficiency bar is full, status o nline but progress never starts... any idea?

Sounds like you may be connected, but haven't uploaded or downloaded progra mming yet, and DLS is just sitting there waiting for you to do something. Caution: "upload" and "download" are backwards in their terminology from ev erything else in the computing world. I wish I could get rid of the global download button.

Does it disconnect if you leave it alone for about 10 minutes?

Also, which panel are you trying to connect to and which version of DLS?

Fairly difficult to tell without more info or, better yet, some screenshots .

- Chris

Reply to
Chris

?? ??????, 12 ??? ??????? 2013 8:46:13 ?.?. U TC+3, ? ??????? Chris ?? ????:

stablish connection with pclink locally. The efficiency bar is full, status online but progress never starts... any idea?

ramming yet, and DLS is just sitting there waiting for you to do something. Caution: "upload" and "download" are backwards in their terminology from everything else in the computing world. I wish I could get rid of the glob al download button.

The DLS is v1.2 and the panel is PC1404 v1.1 Via modem (MD12) through phone line i have no problem. I am downloding the panel great.

Reply to
spyros

ne line i have no problem. I am downloding the panel great.

I haven't worked with the 1404 panel, as I simply don't see the point of us ing one instead of an 1832 or 1616, but I assume it would work the same way .

I assume by DLS v1.2 that you mean DLS5 v1.2. I've worked with DLS2002 for many years, which prompts you to go to the keypad and start a download con nection. DLS5, however, just sits there and expects you to know this alrea dy. (This would be the point where a lurker from DSC should be reading thi s and start working on changing this in the next update of DLS5.)

So when you get to that point where it's just sitting there and you expect it to do something, go to the keypad, enter installers programming, and sta rt the download connection from there. The 1404 may be different, but in t he 1832 it's in section 499.

*8, installer code, 499, installer code, 499. The keypad will give a few e xtra beeps and the DLS software will continue to connect and you can go fro m there.

- Chris

Reply to
Chris

hone line i have no problem. I am downloding the panel great.

using one instead of an 1832 or 1616, but I assume it would work the same w ay.

or many years, which prompts you to go to the keypad and start a download c onnection. DLS5, however, just sits there and expects you to know this alr eady. (This would be the point where a lurker from DSC should be reading t his and start working on changing this in the next update of DLS5.)

t it to do something, go to the keypad, enter installers programming, and s tart the download connection from there. The 1404 may be different, but in the 1832 it's in section 499.

extra beeps and the DLS software will continue to connect and you can go f rom there.

I didn't knew that (499 section) I am new in DSC. Yes the software is DLS5 v1.2 I'll try on the bench in an hour an i'll let you know if it is the same wit h 1832. 1616 and 1832 also i made the dl via MD12. Its the first time i dec ide to local dl with pclink...

Reply to
spyros

Unfortunatelly nothing happens... 499 isnt valid address for pc 1404 Someone told me to disconnect and wait for 3' and then reconect again pc link cable from panel while in comm session and then it will start communicate. I did it but again th sane pitty...

Reply to
spyros

Time to look through the manual then... or get a real DSC panel.

And I doubt disconnecting the cable is going to be helpful at all.

- Chris

Reply to
Chris

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.