DIY COMPONENTS . COM

You're a tough one to pray for, Norm. Whenever I mention the prayer request is for you the operator at Heaven's switchboard hangs up on me :-)

Reply to
no wires showing
Loading thread data ...

Thank God for the prayers......But.... Get to the chase......Have I been saved yet?????

:^)) Norm Mugford

Reply to
Norm Mugford

That must be because the Pearlie gates operator is like BAss.... A Big Time Operator........

:^)

Reply to
Norm Mugford

What I'm interested in knowing is what your "rant" page on "Free Alarms" is going to look like.

:-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

I seriously doubt that you can be redeemed. You'll wind up in the same place as the rest of us and more than likely be the guy that's only waist deep in the brimstone because you're standing on Robert's shoulders.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Maybe something like this....??...:))))

RHC

rant mode "on"...

formatting link
rant mode..."off".....

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

Frank, I wasn't even including the likes of AlarmForce in that reference page. They are definately in a league all their own. The "free system" financing option is a valid way to buy. I just resent the cheesy and disreputable way most of these companies don't tell the truth fully up front. AlarmForce on the other hand, in my experience, not only put in a poor coverage system, but the client never even owns the damn thing (not that he'd want to if he knew anything about what else is available). I have replaced so many of their mickey mouse wireless 2 door and a motion systems, I've lost count. They have done a typical high pressure advertising job, where any one with experience in our business knows they are skirting the truth painfully close to a lie. They sell the "sizzle" not the "steak", and its pure gimmick. Plus an advertising campaign a while ago where they literally told the bad guys how to disable a conventional alarm smacked of pure negligence.

I once met a guy working up in Pembroke at a locksmithing shop who apparently used to be one of their chief technicians. He told me he personally often installed as many as a dozen systems a day, which tells you a lot about how they train their customers. Even he thought that it was all nonsense.

The really sad thing is that they are being very successful. I don't know what that says about the sophistication and knowledge level of the average consumer / buyer, but its not good. Frankly, after years of railing against these dubious companies, I have given up. If the consumer wants to buy that way, so be it. A fool and his money are soon parted...

Unfortunately, he's just another player contributing to the cheapening of our market....

RHC

"Frank Olson" wrote in message news:3IgXe.511882$s54.330501@pd7tw2no...

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

Nice piece. It doesn't quite "fit" the "AlarmFarce" model though. They offer free equipment and *service* for the $25.00 per month. From the radio ad: "All you'll ever pay is just $25.00 per month for the monitoring". I really "like" their latest one. The one where Mr. Matlin states: "An alarm salesman comes to your door and asks you for a deposit. Would you give your money to this stranger? Why not call AlarmFarce? We monitor over 120,000 satisfied customers across Canada. Our exclusive "AlarmVoice" technology is the only system that connects you to a live operator in the event of an emergency ." That is *if* the perp hasn't ripped off the control panel/keypad located next to the phone jack in the kitchen. The PIR is in the foyer covering the entrance door and stairs which has the only door contact on it. Duh-h-hhh!

Operator: "Attention, this is the AlarmFarce Central Station. Identify yourself immediately"

Burglar: "Hello. My name is Bill, and I'm your burglar for today. I'm going to walk into the living room over there and help myself to the stereo and DVD player. Then I'm going up to the bedroom and help myself to the high quality goods I'll find in the little woman's jewelry box. I'll be long gone before you're able to send someone. Have a nice day!"

Reply to
Frank Olson

Oh, well. The schooner wasn't available on the days we wanted it but we made do with a bow rider. The beaches, the night life and the incredible barracas were wonderful all the same.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.