DIY Burglar Alarm and Video Security

My lack of hair is voluntary...I swear

Reply to
Mark Leuck
Loading thread data ...

Did you choose a DVR yet?

Reply to
pcbutts1

No wonder he smelled so good... It's the "jalapeno jack-cheese and onions"... :-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

I guess you are talking to me? This thread is out of hand! :-) I found a Geovision package that might be ok. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Reply to
Sue Odom

I don't have anything bad to say about Geovision except that they are the competition, no tech support, and a bit pricy. Sharpvision will do everything you want and more at a better price including hooking up your alarm relays. Motion detection,two way audio, everything. For a demo of the web interface click on the link in my sig. For a complete product description and demo go here

formatting link

Reply to
pcbutts1

Check out MACE. Mace.com ... Excellent products

Reply to
no wires showing

Oh, I see a link on that page to the &%&^ that sold me the Pico 2000 piece of ^&^&^. Talk about no support!!!!!!

formatting link
>> Sharpvision simply the best
formatting link
>>

Reply to
Sue Odom

What, no car washes in California? What's up with that?

Reply to
Sue Odom

You are right the Pico is a piece of sh*t. Which link is it so I can take it down? Most of those links are resellers, we are the dealers/ manufacturer of Sharpvision only. No pico crap here.

Reply to
pcbutts1

They don't sell Evian in bottles big enough... ;-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

Frank,

Somehow I missed your thread a few days back, thanks for the wealth of information! I don't know how I missed this one.

As for the security cameras, I know that what I have now is not ideal. The remote client talks to the server with TCP/IP over port 1999. Since we work at a company where the proxy server blocks all traffic except for http, I cannot view our cameras from work. So I guess whatever he buys will need to have a built-in webserver? I think he will want to go with a PC based system, so what would you recommend there? As far as image "processing", I don't quite know what you mean. My system just records on motion detect, in a circular fashion, and if I want to go back and look at something, I merely view the .avi files in Windows Media Player. I can snapshot to .jpg files if I want to.

Thanks!

Reply to
Sue Odom

Check your email.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.