Disappointment - New Hope

As I have made abundantly clear Tri-Ed has made my shitlist. I quit dealing with them, because over and over again they failed to provide products in a timely fashion with products often never showing up at all and of course they couldn't possibly condescend to let me know. Its cost me a couple customers and a lot of headaches.

I needed a DSC panel kit to do a swap out for a customer recently. Tom was nice enough to call me and say I could call Tri-Ed and claim I was part of his buyers group and get special pricing. Thanks, Tom, but it just isn't going to happen. Tri-Ed sucks. I do appreciate the call Tom, but would have prefered a source other than Tri-Ed.

I bought it on line e-tail instead. Cost only a couple dollars more than the "special" buyers group price. I received tracking the next day, and the product arrived very quickly. Drop shipped from Tri-Ed. Sigh.

I went on-line to see if I could find any other Tri-Ed distributors. One is a division of Ingram Micro. If you aren't a 10K a month customer Ingram Micros would rather you just drop dead rather than bother them. Even at that level they barely condescend to talk to you. Tri-Ed of course was listed. SGI, who was pretty good for me until they started shipping me used parts all the time. Alarmax, who shipped me a lot of wrong parts. Often sending me what they had rather than what I asked for even when I looked up the part number before calling them. There were some other smaller guys, but finally I found The Systems Depot. I buy most of my Napco stuff from them now, so atleast I have a source for DSC. I sure won't buy from that e-tailer again. I just makes me sick that Tri-Ed got some more of my money.

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

Your experience with Tri-Ed has been the exact opposite of mine. Their Vancouver office is simply Aces. I think this really proves that "people make the difference" when it comes to national companies.

Reply to
Frank Kurz

I agree and I disagree. A company policy can over bear even good people. I have followed a few sales people from one distributor to another though because they take good care of me personally.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I agree and I disagree. A company policy can over bear even good people. I have followed a few sales people from one distributor to another though because they take good care of me personally.

--------------

I agree Bob, the salesperson makes all the difference.. Once I make a connection with a sales person, I stick with them... They understand what it is I'm talking about and don't give me a lot of grief over "sales"..

Only problem I have to break-in a new one every 4 or 5 years... Seem none of them want to stay in sales longer than that.. ( or god forbid they up and die on me.. had that happen several times now..)

RTS

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

The People at Alarmax at Both branches in Pittsburgh are very good yet I have heard there not as good at other branches. which is a shame if your having a problem I am sure a note or call to Rodger Graf would be appreciated because he will take care of it.

Reply to
nick markowitz

Rocky ......ummmm ...... ahhh ......

Did it ever occur to you that ummmmm .... it might have something to do with ummmm ..... you?

Reply to
Jim

Can't speak for Rocky, but I know its me. I took a distributor sales staffer's word for it once that I don't need to worry about inventorying anything I don't need to have instantly today for service. He said, "That's what distributors are for." I'm sure he was right, but so far I guess I haven't done business with a real distributor since then.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I was just talking about the ones that keep dying on him.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.