Disabling a "lost" Ademco keyfob?

I have a residential system monitored by a big national company. I just had my worn-out wireless keyfob replaced and the tech took the old one with him (I should have said it was lost). I noticed on the paperwork he assigned all new zones for my new keyfob, and apparently

*didn't* disable the zones assigned to the old one. So now I have to assume he left with a largely functioning keyfob to my system. On the off chance that he's crooked, any suggestions on how to secure my system against that keyfob?

Thanks.

Brian G. San Francisco

Reply to
brianc33
Loading thread data ...

Why did he take the old one? js

Reply to
alarman

You'd have to know where it was programmed in the system. I'd call the company immediately and have them deprogram it (the old one)...they should be able to do it remotely...if they keep good records of your installation it will be no problem. Although you say he added new zones...he may have already done this, in which case you have nothing to worry about.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

If he took it and left the zones in, they he needs to come back and delete those zones, if they cant do it remotely. Ofcourse, if he is a crook, he may already know the button serial numbers and can probably figure a way out to program it back in.!!

Question is, do you trust your CMS??

Reply to
cctvbahamas

Good question. Their installers have always taken the old fob with them when I've had one replaced.

B.C.

alarman wrote:

Reply to
brianc33

I just had another installer out here and he deleted the two zone assignments that were recorded for the old keyfob' s buttons. So I assume its not possible to reactivate the fob tha got away without physical access to my system, right? (System is an Ademco Vista 20 or

40 I believe.)

Thanks.

B.G.

Reply to
brianc33

He can do it remotely, if he gets access to the Downloader System, not sure exactly how your CSM is set up so cant say .. would it be worth his while, i mean compared to what would be located inside another client such as a jewellery store?

Normally only certain users are given access to that though...

Id be worrying about the theifs that you havent seen yet :-)

Reply to
cctvbahamas

He couldn't enroll them again unless he either came in your house or has access to remote programming...which installers should not have if the company has tight security.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

How do you know he didn't disable the old keyfob zones?

Btw don't panic but he's a stalker and your doomed

Reply to
Mark Leuck

He could just get his own copy of Compass. Seems anyone can.

Indeed. js

Reply to
alarman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.