Direct connect FBII panels to Compass or EZ-Mate

I seem to remember way back in the day, there was a way to directly connect a laptop running EZ-Mate to an FBII panel ie... XL-2P, XL-2T, XL-31, XL-4800 or XL-4..

Does anyone remember the way it worked or have a link to the data..

Tks,

RTS

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel
Loading thread data ...

I use a viking phone line simulator to do that but i remember there was a print going around you could make your own

Reply to
NickMark

Tks, Nick I remember the Viking product, now that you mention it.. I was thinking along the lines of direct connect to the line transformer on the pc board..

But the Viking might be a better approach..

Tks again.. RTS

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

The simulator provides isolation / protection for your modem and laptop thats why I always went that way.

Reply to
NickMark

On Saturday, February 16, 2013 8:49:54 AM UTC-5, NickMark wrote: The simulator provides isolation / protection for your modem and laptop thats why I always went that way.

There are others who prefer a condom.

Reply to
Jim

I think Mike Sandman had a cheap line simulator at one time. I always used the Viking one myself. It was handy for other things as well since I also do phone systems.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Tks Bob, I did look around Sandmans but didn't see anything, I'll look again sometime..

Thanks again RTS

I think Mike Sandman had a cheap line simulator at one time. I always used the Viking one myself. It was handy for other things as well since I also do phone systems.

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.