Deleting a Sensor from Caddx

I have a wireless transmitter that is broken. The keypad beeps about every 30 seconds or so and says "Zone Lost". The sensor is in the bedroom and at Zone 10. How do I stop the beeping. Do I need to delete the sensor or Zone? How do I do that and then how do I renable it when I get a new sensor. Please provide the keypad keys to push...be detailed as I do not know how to program the system.

System Info is as follows:

Wireless window transmitters Caddx NX-148E Keypad Caddx NX-8 Network

Reply to
stevenktt
Loading thread data ...

Is your system monitored? If so, contact your dealer and arrange for a service visit. If you're NOT monitored, follow these steps:

Step 1. Pick up your Yellow Pages and search under "Burglar Alarm Systems" for a couple of reputable dealers.

Step 2. Pick up your phone and dial selected reputable dealer. Ask him whether-or-not he services GE "CADDX" products.

Step 3. Arrange for a service call. Be prepared to spend some money for the call.

Reply to
Frank Olson

user code

try changing the battery?

Reply to
Mick

Ah, then you shouldn't be fat-fingering it. RTFM, or call someone who knows what they are doing. Yeah, you'll have to pay them. js

Reply to
Buggs

Ouch...you're a tough bunch. Sorry folks..looks like I got on a discussion group of service people. Just wanted what should have been an easy answer. I respectfully retract my question. I'll do the research and figure it out for myself. It should not take a service call to delete a sensor.

By the way...I do recall a Robert Bass gentleman from a few years ago that was very helpful with these type questions. Thanks anyway- Steve

Reply to
stevenktt

Bass doesn't install alarms.

Bass doesn't service alarms.

I doubt Bass has ever seen a CADDX panel let alone installed or worked on one.

Go "fish" in another Newsgroup. :-)

If you need the install manuals for this panel, contact Jim Rojas at

formatting link
He can probably download your panel and make the necessary changes. Expect to pay but a lot of times Jim helps for free and he doesn't have an agenda (i.e. won't try to sell you something).

You're welcome.

Reply to
Frank Olson

really, I thought my answer was pretty good. even though I got no reply to my question which may have led to more answers for you. whatever

I'll do the

good luck

good luck with that, too.

Reply to
Mick

I install the GE/Caddx panels. Have been for close to a decade. Nice stuff, but if you do not program this panel on a regular basis like I do, especially the wireless stuff, and in particular when it comes to deleting and then reinstalling wireless transmitters, you will certainly screw things up. Every time I deal with this issue I take my time, after reviewing my personal hand-written instructions on the procedures I have used before. One wrong push of a button or keystroke could mis-program your panel without you knowing it.

I have found over the many years in this business, and in life generally, that technical writers do not always do a decent job of writing instructions. And it has always irritated me when I find instruction manuals, construction diagrams,and trouble shooting directions to be poorly written by some writer from China or some other area of the world, even the USA. Good technical writers are worth their weight in gold!

If you live in the Boston MA area I may be able to help you. I can not do it by posting here, or by email, or by phone.

Charles

Reply to
chasbo

Nonsense! It's not rocket science, you know. ;-) js

Reply to
Buggs

Well we've been told its not rocket science, why wouldn't it take a service call? Do you know what's involved?

You must be mistaken

Reply to
Mark Leuck

What is the ultimate complicated job?

The Rocket Scientist probably uses the phrase "It's not brain surgery!"

The Bra>

Reply to
chasbo

That, ..... then would infer that Dead Ass is a brain surgeon.... which we know not to be true

Sooo.....

It then has to be asked .....

What would a defective former, not so good alarm installer, who lies cheats and steals and tries to fool people into thinking he's an expert in alarms .... who says that it's "not rocket science" Be?

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.