Defaulting Napco Gemini P800

Can't

Reply to
Mark Leuck
Loading thread data ...

One of the Napco tech support guys once told me how to do it by shorting certain points. It's been a while and I didn't write it down. The "official" Napco story is it can't be done but like most things in life, the official story has little to do with reality.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

"Robert L Bass" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

bla bla bla...

Reply to
petem

Hi all,

How do I go about defaulting the dealer code on the Napco Gemini P800? I think it's locked out. Thanks.

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

ISTR there was at least one point on the EEPROM involved but I really don't recall for sure. I'm disinclined to offer a guess that might cost you a board.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Solution? New board? Send to Rojas? Thx.

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

I can wipe it clean.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Yeah, I figured you could. Is there any way for me to do it so he doesn't have to wait a week or two? Thanks.

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

EEPROM opposing corners?

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

You can use an eprom programmer to wipe the chip.

Then if you place a jumper between terminals 3 & 15, the firmware will then load the default values to the eprom. The problem is getting an eprom reader to wipe the chip in circuit. Most eprom readers will require you to unsolder the eprom to accomplish this.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Much like the story of your life.

Reply to
Jim

Randybr had written this in response to

formatting link
:

Sorry about the delay.. heh... but an 800 can be reset to factory defaults by power> Solution? New board? Send to Rojas? Thx.

##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via

formatting link
Internet Knowledge Base for the security industry no-spam access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.security.alarms - 43800 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
Randybr

formatting link
:

Does this really work?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Yes, but it only works if the panel isn't locked out.

Jim Rojas

Bob La L>> Randybr had written this in response to

formatting link
> :

** Posted from
formatting link
Reply to
Jim Rojas

So ..... yer sayin that if the panel isn't locked out ..... one has the choice of using the factory default code or shorting the terminals ?

Oooooooow wowweeee! That's really, really cooooool.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.