Decline fire inspection?

This has never happened to me before. I called a commercial account to remind them that they are due for their annual alarm inspection (combo system- fire & burg) and they declined; don't want to spend the money. Their batteries will probably go bad in 3 months. Puts me in a bad spot I think....or maybe not...they refused via email so I have written refusal I guess.

Reply to
Crash
Loading thread data ...

Just send them a written confirmation letter, include a copy of the email, and CC a written copy to the AHJ...they might change their tune after a hefty fine. It is your responsibility to do so. You don't make the rules, you just follow them. If you don't, it's on you.

I do the same when it comes to homeowners insurance. Once they cancel, I send a notice to the insurance agent and the main office. Once the client realizes that their 10+ percent discount no longer applies, or they must have it monitored as a required by the policy, all of the sudden their tunes change.

I had one slick lady sign up for monitoring. It was a year to year contract at $24 per month, because she was required to have it monitored. She was getting the typical ins discount. 3 months go by, and she still hasn't made the annual payment. 6 months go by, and we canceled her monitoring. I sent a letter to her agent and the main office. Subsequently, her homeowners & flood insurance get canceled. This was about the time insurance rates started going up. We did get an unexpected check from her insurance company for the monitoring as a good jesture. She then had to shop for a new alarm company, and insurance carrier. She went from paying about $2500 a year for homeowners & flood, to $4000 just for flood. She was in a high risk area. Needless to say I got calls daily, asking me to renew her policy, and she would then pay 4 years in advance. I politely said no thank you, please take your business elsewhere. I first felt bad about it...but it quickly passed. She now pays $7700 for insurance and $41 a month for monitoring.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Yeah, AHJ.

Everything Jim R said.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.