Dear Napco

Dear Napco,

I have been a loyal customer for many years. Overall I have had pretty good service from you, and you know I am a pretty good guy. When you sent me somebody elses order of parts I let you know and sent it back to you. When I had problems with tech support not knowing the answers your sales reps researched it personally and got back to me with the answers I needed. In general we have had a pretty good relationship.

When you kicked ADI in the short hairs and refused to let them sell your products I cheered. Everybody knows I have no love lost for ADI, their high prices, and poor customer service. It was like a victory for us little guys to see you slap them in the face like that.

Now I have to wonder if somebody has not lost a little sanity over there. You are letting Tri-Ed sell your products. Are you nuts. They are worse than ADI ever was. Their customer service is spotty at best, and they play games to try and manipulate clients. To add insult to injury its a slap in the face to distrbutors like SGI who give good customer service and take the extra effort to take care of guys in the field. They are the kind who understand that its all aboout making sure us installers get the jobs done and get paid. If we do not get not get jobs done and get paid nobody else in the industry gets paid. Allowing a distributor like Tri-Ed to sell your product might be tolerable though if you then didn't kick all the other distributors in the chonies and give Tri-Ed a huge opening discount to take business away from loyal quality distributors.

I admit it. I was sucked in by the low prices and promises, but today I decide to take my business back were its appreciated again. While I understand why you might want to broaden your distribution I really don't think Tri-Ed is the company to do it, and giving them special pricing is an insult to everybody else. You should give special pricing to loyal distributors with better product knowledge and who take care of us, your loyal long term clients, instead.

I don't stock any other brand of panels. Why can't you give good pricing to the guys who care about my business instead of somebody like Tri-Ed.

Sincerely, Robert (Bob) J. La Londe III

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

=BDThey are worse

Another thing ..... I don't know if you know it or not but Steve Roth the guy responsible for the growth of ADI is now running the show at Tri-Ed. I know Steve personally and was talking to him at one of the last few ISC shows I was at. He's quite aware of what the old reputation of Tri-Ed is and he's trying to bring it around to be all the things that ADI never became. Takes time and lots and lots of money. He's got good investors involved now also.

Everyone starts out with the best of intentions, ..... I know, but it just might eventually turn out to be better. I've never bought from them so I really can't comment on them. Strangely enough, they're based here in downstate NY but don't have any outlets here.

Reply to
Jim

Tri-Ed San Diego is abysmal. The manager is incompetent, and the counter people are hopelessly inept. This store is more interested in their Mexico sales than anything else. I stopped going there a couple years ago after my own letter to the head office went unanswered.

Reply to
alarman

Thats too bad. As I say, I've never had any opportunity to use them so ...............

But, I'll try and remember to mention SD area and Pittsburg at the next show I see Steve at.

Reply to
Jim

I don't know if you're going to the LV show this spring but I'm sure Tri-Ed will have a booth again this year, wouldn't hurt to go lay it down in front of them and see what happens. I've been using ADI for lots of years but I never put all my eggs in one basket. I use two other sources and occasionally, in a pinch use a third ...... just to keep my options open and in case I really need something that one of the others doesn't have. Hell, they don't have much "loyalty" towards dealers ........ so............... what the hell ..............

Reply to
Jim

Welllll Jeeeeeze ...... Whadayawant? E V E R Y T H I N G?

Reply to
Jim

Yup. I treat them fairly, I don't beat them down over a few bux, don't send stuff back for credit, and pay on time, every time.

So, yup.

Reply to
alarman

Well that explains it.

Just because YOU do everything right does not automatically obligate anyone else to do the same.

Where the hell have YOU been? The rules of mutual trust and treatment changed YEARS ago.

Off hand, I can't think of anyone that I know, under the age of 40, who actually has the innate understanding of the custom of placing their honor and reputation on a handshake or their word. If you remind them of the custom, they will acknowledge it. But these acts are not something that you can assume is part of their character makeup and that they will respect.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.