Dead system

I have a PC 1550 with a PC1500RK keypad. I had to do some work in the garag e with the sheet rock, and had to disconnect the keypad wiring. When I fini shed, I routed the wire back thru the wall and connected it up to the keypa d. Now the system is dead. A local installer gave me the procedure for rese tting the system, which I did, but the system is still dead. Do I need to b uy a new keypad?

Reply to
ddhaff
Loading thread data ...

age with the sheet rock, and had to disconnect the keypad wiring. When I fi nished, I routed the wire back thru the wall and connected it up to the key pad. Now the system is dead. A local installer gave me the procedure for re setting the system, which I did, but the system is still dead. Do I need to buy a new keypad?

Far more likely that the keypad is either not correctly connected (ie: wire s not in the correct places) or you have damaged the wire.

Reply to
Robert Campbell

a quickie check would be to connect the keypad directly to the panel.. If it works there then you could figure that the wiring is bad somehow or you had it wired wrong in the first place.. If it doesn't work when on the panel you can figure that keypad or panel has got the way of the doodoo bird... ;-)

Reply to
Richard

I think the 1550 had replaceable fuses in the top left hand corner of the circuit board, if so its possible that a fuse is blown

Reply to
doug

And good luck finding replacements

Reply to
mleuck

do DCS panels do like some Honeywell panels, where you have to plug the transformer in first then the battery or else the system will not start?

Reply to
Richard

I do hope that you powered down the system or at least disconnected the key pad red positive wire at the mainboard before you re-routed the keypad wire .

If you powered down, you do need to plug in the transformer in first, it wi ll not start up just on the battery.

You can start it up from just the battery, if you know what you are doing. While the battery is connected, you can take a slim screwdriver simultaneo usly to the positive battery lead and momentarily touch the transformer pow er terminal on the mainboard, and it will come to life with just the batter y. This also works for Honeywell/Ademco panels also.

Reply to
E Dawson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.