CPI Security?

You should have 72 hour right of recision...most states do..just cancel and go with a company that doesn't base your monitoring rate on your credit score.

You landlord's credit should have no bearing on you buying a system...it's just bullshit. CPI's contract would be with you not your landlord.

Reply to
Crash Gordon®
Loading thread data ...

It may be that the payments are not just for monitoring, but for equipment as well. Could it be that in your state the alarmco needs to contract with the property owner? Just a thought... js

Reply to
alarman

I applied two weeks ago to have CPI Security come out to my house and install one of their burglar alarm systems. They have a base system that they'll install for free but then they snag you with add-ons to run up the bill. I needed about $240 worth for which I wrote them a check.

They ran a credit check on me (mine is excellent). They ran an apparent title search on the house, which I had claimed to own to cut through the red tape given to renters. Well, OK, you got me there... I came clean and gave them the homeowner's name and phone number.

I've been living in the same house for almost 20 years and have an excellent rapport with my landlord. I was certain he'd have no problem with the installation and as it turned out, he didn't. But CPI insisted on running HIS credit; even though the service contract would be with me.

Now I have a FICO score just shy of 800; I have no idea what my landlord's is. I do know he's a professional engineer in the employ of the city and has lived here for at least 30 years... hardly a fly by night type of guy. A family man.

Well, since my landlord doesn't see any reason to give permission to run his credit, the installation has come to a halt. I can't say I blame him. What in the hell business is it of CPI to investigate his credit... since the service contract will be with ME? I can prepay if it comes to that. Money is not the issue. I just want the protection. My landlord wants to protect his privacy.

Am I being unreasonable? I'm at the point of asking for my money back (the check cleared several days ago).

-- Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@carolina.rr.com.REMOVE

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

There's no reason to envolve your landlord. If it's a leased system they'd still own it no matter who owned the premises. Their contract is with you...to envolve your landlord is abby-normal imo.

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

reclaim your money,they dont want to do business with you...

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" a écrit dans le message de news: tYTAe.158004$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.southeast.rr.com...

Reply to
petem

Even if they do, I have *excellent* credit.

That's the part that frosts my balls. I don't see what he has to do with any of this beyond extending his permission... which he already has done.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

I have just done exactly that. They claim that they needed my landlord's financial information so that if I were to suddenly leave, *somebody* would be responsible. Well, bullshit! They always retain ownership of the equipment and need to go no further than the landlord to reclaim it. If I skip out on the service contract, REVOKE IT. Service not provided doesn't cost them a damned thing.

They served up a heaping helping of bullshit to me and I resent it. I've lived here for 19 years in this same house. And they're worried I might leave tomorrow? And with a FICO score of 797, they're worried that I don't meet my financial obligations? They can kiss my ass.

I told CPI what they can do with their service and demanded a refund. If they drag their feet actually delivering it, you'd be amazed how verbally abusive I can become.... with the BBB.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Since you're just a liar I wouldn't do business with you at all. All you had to do was say you were renting the place and go from there. You lied about owning the house which you don't. You cannot legally obligate the owner of the property for anything. The owner of the property is the one who will have to pay off the lien placed on his property to cover any bills you run up. The owner's credit needs to be good because he is the one who has to pay the bill if you don't. Why not also install a large swimming pool and a couple of tennis courts and let the owner pay for them too? Geez.

Reply to
<thesatguy1

Instead of trying to get the system for free, which free doesn't exist, buy it outright and there will not be a problem, unless you get sticker shock when you find out what a security system really cost. There should be no credit needed. They (CPI) needs to recoup their investment so if there is no investment on their part...Whalla!! The "free" is not free, it is a payment plan, just like when you buy furniture, they run your credit and you make payments. Get away from the "free" and you will get away from the credit issue. People will fall for anything. What did old PT say, "There's one born every minute."

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.