CP400 power supply ?

Have an older CP400 Pyrotronix fire panel 80's vintage I tried to hook a 24 VDC Co detector to and it started chattering. I am thinking the power supplied by that older panel is unregulated DC and that's why Co does not like it. Sound right?

Reply to
nick markowitz
Loading thread data ...

Could be an AC panel. Didn't some of the old fire panels used to be AC?

Reply to
Jim

This one is definitely DC but early panels offered filtered and unfiltered AC and some times both. the unfiltered was for door magnet holders which did not need clean DC how ever this output says 24 Dc but not what quality it is.

Reply to
nick markowitz

I'm curious. Do they allow you to connect a "non-fire alarm device" to a listed fire alarm panel in the US? You would never see that here (in Canada).

Reply to
Frank Kurz

In old days door magnet power was allowed from the panel it is no longer permitted and just a relay trip is now done in panel. codes have changed drastically since i first started installing panels in late 70's

hooking up non listed equipment is permitted in certain cases such as external dialer etc where panel is providing a closure or open but not directly powering it.

Reply to
nick markowitz

I thought you could if you didn't use that zone as a fire zone (or point).

Like a supervisory for something for instance.

Reply to
G. Morgan

With NFPA 72 you can hook anyhting up to a fire panel as long as the failure of the non-fire device does not compromise the fire life- safety aspects of the system.

As an example Vista-32FB. Listed fore commercial fire use and Burg/ Aux functions.

Jewellfish

Reply to
jewellfish

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.