Contronic House Alarm

Hi,

I have a Contronic house alarm. It was here when I moved in. ----- 1.

--How do I open the control box without the alarm going off? When I came home today the house alarm siren was sounding. I had set the alarm when I left the house. Just before I came home a wind storm had caused the power to go out. When I got into the house the power had come back on. ----- 2. -- Does this indicate that my battery in the control box is weak? ---- Earl Williams, Surrey, British Columbia

----- Wednesday, November 15, 2006 12:38 PM

Reply to
thoseradiodays
Loading thread data ...

OMG!! A CONTRONIC Alarm System? Yikes is that ever OLD!

If it was wired with a tamper switch, you can't. Just turn the siren off with the key. Or since you have the panel open, remove a wire from the siren terminal.

Er, you battery may be weak because the power went off and came back on?

You alarm system is the weak part. Time to upgrade from the 70's system you have. Hey I wonder if Red Foreman needs an alarm system - the Contronic would be an upgrade for him.

Julian

Reply to
Julian

It would be a nice upgrade for the Loxxon. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Reply to
nick markowitz

Friday, November 17, 2006 11:45 AM ------Thanks for your suggestions Julian and Nick. I will follow up on your advice. ------ Earl Williams, Surrey, British Columbia

Reply to
thoseradiodays

You are asking us for an opinion regarding your alarm system without knowing all the facts. My advice would be to call an independent dealer in to perform routine maintenance/inspection. If you explain to him that it's a local system and that you're not interested in monitoring services, expect that he will charge appropriately. In the Vancouver/Surrey area that could be anywhere from $55.00 to $85.00 per hour usually with a two hour minimum. The battery for this system will run you around $30.00. GST and PST are of course, extra.

Reply to
FIRETEK

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.