Controlled Entry - Utah

Howdy all...

Looking for documentation on an old gate operator made by "Controlled Entry" in Utah. I've found some Google references to them but nothing really related to what I need.

This thing is at least 10 years old...and was working up until some prairie dogs got into the unit and did some wire mods (chewing). We fixed all the shorts and opens, but gate won't operate - even by the manual override. I think the board is fried.

Looks like a piece of shit. I'll probably end up replacing it with DKS but I'm always intrigued by the chase.

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

We fixed all the

Put WD40 on the hinges! :>)

Try

formatting link
to get a phone number. They have been around gates for quite awhile. Maybe they can point you to the right direction.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Welp this was a good one. Saturday I spent a few hours on it, like I said, reprogrammed the ancient Essex (goofy) keypad and got that relay tripping. Today, I got really pissed at it (after using WD40) and I literally kicked it (the sliding gate). I then was showing my helper that the keypad relay was closing but not the gate (I had my back to the gate now), he says; you've been drinking dood...turn around! The freeking gate is now working! My kick must have forced the gate run out switches into correct alignment. SHEESH. I guesss sometimes there's nothing like a good impact-adjustment :-)

What's REALLY nice is NOW I can bill the client for the all hours I've spend on the damn thing.

| We fixed all the | > shorts and opens, but gate won't operate - even by the manual override. | | Put WD40 on the hinges! :>) | | Try

formatting link
to get a phone number. They have been around gates | for quite awhile. Maybe they can point you to the right direction. | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I can see the invoice now...

Programming and adjustment, $100.00

3 squirts WD40, N/C one kick, $50.00 Knowing where to kick, $200.00 Total: $350.00 No warranty. js
Reply to
alarman

You're very close! I wouldn't warranty anything on this gate...it was a botch install originally (10-15 years ago)...someone actually used cardboard and drywall screws to mount the keypad to the pedestal...and the intercom isn't even connected to anything! We will end up replacing it, but just wanted to get it working for the Toga party tomorrow night...then we'll propose a replacement for September.

Actually, just creating this guy's invoice today will take me about 4 hours...we've done so much work there in the past month. I gotta send you pix of the entertainment center we did...freekin' awesome - one of the best I ever did. It's really cool when client has unlimited funds and wants do do cool stuff! I LOVE the upper 20% market :-)))

| > What's REALLY nice is NOW I can bill the client for the all hours I've | > spend | > on the damn thing. | | | I can see the invoice now... | | Programming and adjustment, $100.00 | 3 squirts WD40, N/C | one kick, $50.00 | Knowing where to kick, $200.00 | Total: $350.00 | No warranty. | js | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Invoice preparation: 4 hours @ $75, $300.00... js

Reply to
alarman

I'm not that bad :-)

| > Actually, just creating this guy's invoice today will take me about 4 | > hours...we've done so much work there in the past month. I gotta send you | > pix of the entertainment center we did...freekin' awesome - one of the | > best | > I ever did. It's really cool when client has unlimited funds and wants do | > do | > cool stuff! I LOVE the upper 20% market :-))) | | Invoice preparation: 4 hours @ $75, $300.00... | js | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.