Contact ID with Napco 1016e?

I don't see an option on my Napco 1016e panel to implement Contact ID as a data format. Is there another name used by Napco for CID?

Thanks in advance,

Rob Houston

Reply to
rahouston
Loading thread data ...

Thanks, Jim, I think there is an Ademco option there. I'll give it a try.

Rob

Reply to
rahouston

Jim:

Is "Ademco Slow" the same as Contact ID? My Napco Quickloader software only lists "Ademco Slow or Silent Knight Slow" as options, not Ademco Point ID.

Thanks,

Rob

Reply to
rahouston

Try Ademco Point ID

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Make sure the respective BURG or FIRE wording under report codes is present on each zone. Otherwise the signals will not be sent.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Jim:

The one thing I seem to be missing for my 4X2 report codes is restore codes. Are restore codes generally used by Central Stations?

Thanks again,

Rob

Reply to
rahouston

Whatever you want them to be - you make up the codes and tell your cs what you're gonna use. If your gonna use old formats on other panels stick to one setup and your cs should be able to build a template for ya.

whatever you want....

60's for restores. 50's for shunts 30-49 for burgs

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Then no...select 4x2 universal high speed format 2300 handshake & kissoff. That's as fast as you can go I think.

Make sure your 4x2 report codes are all correct.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

I generally use restores for fire zones and low battery signals.

I like using F for Trouble, E for Restore

Example: F1 = Smoke Trouble Zone 1 E1 = Smoke Restore Zone 1 F8 = Low Battery Trouble E8 = Low Battery Restore

You can use whatever you like...just keep it simple.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Thanks, guys. All good advice.

Regards,

Rob

Reply to
rahouston

Ask your CS. Often-times they have a standard format for dealers sending

4-2. I know mine does and it's good to stick with that so you don't confuse the issue.
Reply to
Frank Olson

The 1016E can't do Point ID, the Ademco option is for 4/2 slow

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.