Contact ID codes

I have a couple of accounts that are sending an "e378" sometimes. they are on DSC 832 panels sending auto CID.

I have looked up the codes and they are cross zone troubles.

I talked to DSC tech support and had to tell the tech what the code was. all he could tell me was there is no code in the event buffer for that.

he kept saying that wasn't even a valid code.

any one know what conditions will cause this code?

Reply to
motley me
Loading thread data ...

any alt comm path on those accounts?

Reply to
Norton Nescio
378 has many descriptions... Your explanation is the same as MAS(termind)'s signal lookup table which is identical to the MX8000's description. SIMSII lookup table calls it Double Knock Buffer report... Which may give you a further clue to how the panel manufacturer is using it. If you have double knock turned on, this makes sense. If you don't, it does not. To understand how DSC has used this code, download the panel buffer and look at the previous conditions that caused it.

If I had to take a wild guess, I'd say it's probably the signal that is sent when you program double knock, but the 2nd hit doesn't come. In that case, the panel has two choices.. Throw it away or send some kind of message that lets you know what happened...

Reply to
Irv

It is a valid code, you have a report code in 328

Reply to
Mark Leuck

This is from the Ademco web site;

378 Cross-zone Trouble The specified zone in a cross-zone configuration has faulted without a fault on its corresponding cross-zone in a specific time period

James

Reply to
James B

like a pre-alarm on that cross zoned zone

Reply to
Crash Gordon

That is correct. The SIA standard defines E378 as a cross zone trouble. There should be a zone ID after the code. That should help determine what the cause is. Assuming you haven't used cross-zoning, there may be another possibility. DSC allows you to set your own Contact ID codes. I don't know if it's also possible with SIA but if it is, you might have some zone programmed to send it. I've only programmed a few Power832 systems -- none recently -- so it's possible this has been changed.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Norton Nescio wrote in news:qPeJj.29342$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews4.bellsouth.net:

No, just a single POTS line

Reply to
motley me

James B wrote in news:e1fe1a83-20ed-4cad-8285- snipped-for-privacy@s8g2000prg.googlegroups.com:

Thanks, that explains what i was seeing on checking the buffers. one of the zones in a cross faulted without the other.

Still it's funny that tech support couldn't even identify the code.

Reply to
motley me

I find it amazing that you're going on about SIA when the panels in quesiton are transmitting auto CID.

RTFM. You can program your own SIA codes as well. That's been a "feature" for some time, Goofy!

If you haven't worked with the product, why not let the few who have answer? You've just gotta get that sig line in, don'tcha?

Reply to
Frank Olson

Not really. DSC's tech support is terrible. My grandmother knows more about their panels than they do, and she's been dead since 1987.

Reply to
alarman

I find it amazing you didn't know that Ademco gave the Contact ID protocol to the SIA association a number of years ago, Contact ID is indeed a SIA standard

Reply to
Mark Leuck

It's now one of the SIA standards. You can program an 832 to report CID or SIA. While they're all part of the same overall "standard", some of the codes are way different. Why am I telling you this? :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

DSC tech support? If you speak French it might be okay.

Reply to
Just Looking

I'll second that ...... and my grandmother has beed dead a lot longer than that.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.