Concord Wireless Zone Question

I'm researching wireless security devices to replace an aging Rollins System VII. I'm very interested in the GE Concord because it looks like most of my existing ITI 319.5 KHz wireless sensors will work with the Concord RF receivers. At today's prices I have about $2K invested in sensors, which I'd like to preserve. I have tried learning one of each type of my existing sensors into a Concord Express system one of my friends has, and they work fine.

Here is the ad for the system I am looking at.

"Concord is a full-featured, hardwire/wireless hybrid security system that uses advanced technology for burglary and fire detection, making Concord a dependable security system that is both easy to install and simple to use. Concord?s modular design provides outstanding system flexibility to meet the needs of virtually any customer. With 2 partitions and up to 76 zones. - Concord Wireless Package Includes Concord Integrated 8-harwire zones and 16 wireless zone panel, 2x16 LCD Touchpad, phone cord, RJ31X jack, lock set, (2ea.) Crystal Door/Window Sensors, (1ea.) Crystal PIR Motion Sensor, (1ea.) hardwire interior speaker" The part I don't understand about this configuration is the "Integrated

8-hardwire zones and 16 wireless zone panel." What exactly is a wireless zone? Is a wireless zone really a wireless sensor (i.e. does this mean that I will have to add another rf subsystem if I want to use more than 16 wireless sensors? I need at least 30) Or is a wireless zone actually a group of sensors? I'm completely wireless (with some X10 help for lights and sirens) so don't need the hardwired zones at all. This seems to be the only thing I can't figure out about this system. I hope someone can help clue me in.
Reply to
cwilliams28
Loading thread data ...

Yes, a wireless zone is 1 sensor, Sounds like you will need a 32 zone reciever.

James

Reply to
J Barnes

The Concord can come with a a hybrid version with 16 or 32-zone receiver and if you max it out you can just add an external receiver

Reply to
Mark Leuck

If you really have a Rollins System IV, then your transmitters won't work at all. Take a closer look. It should say 317.5 Mhz, which is not compatible with any ITI system other than the Rollins System.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Better yet get a Concord 4 it comes with a 96 zone receiver built-in.

Reply to
Sean Sokoly

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.