Computer Generated

Is there a computer generated e-mail alarm system? A 4 circuit closures to a Com input 1 -9 and sends out a pre set a-mail.

Rich

Reply to
Rich
Loading thread data ...

What and spam the whole world that your alarm has gone off?

Actually, I offer this service to my monitored clients for an additional fee per month, we send text msgs to their cell phones....sorry not available to non monitored clients.

Other than a backup notification that something has happened, I don't see any other practical value.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

We've just designed a system that does that, but without a PC (if that's what you mean with "Com"?). It's got 8 programmable inputs, each input can send alarm/restore message to CS (SIA/CID), email, SMS and a bunch of other places. You can also send email/sms *to* it to control outputs or set operating mode or whatever.. It hooks to a phone line and/or Ethernet, and programming&config is through the web.

formatting link

Reply to
Anders

formatting link

Reply to
CWatters

About a zillion years ago there was an application floating around the bulltein boards that showed a simple crcuit to read a contact closure with a serial port and the ap would make the PC speaker squeal. I see no reason that a similar applications couldn't be written with Visual Basic to integrate with a multiport card (they are available upto 16 serial ports) and have it send an e-mail indicating which port detected a change in the contact condition.

The thing is its a tackly backdoor work around but it should work.

Good luck...

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.