Compass Software

The way I took it is:

You are one of the few people who don't challange him for his obviously abhorent conduct here. When YOU asked him why he did that (give out the PW/CW), in any way that he responded to you, he could not have justified it with out getting a negative reply from you. You'll notice that was his last post. He therefore realized that he would have lost one more person who nomally remains neutral. All he had to do was "drop out" for a while and it'll blow over with out him ever having a confrontation with you. See how that works? As long as there is division here in how to treat him or lack of any objection to his conduct, he will continue to disrupt this Newsgroup. Ignoring him is enabling him to continue.

You'll notice the calm and that the discussions taking place now, are right in line with what you always thought they should be. And why not? It's always that way with out him.

Reply to
Jim
Loading thread data ...

Yes, I see that.

But, it's also contrary to my nature to attack unless provoked, I also dont know the entire story with RLB, nor do I really care.

| | The way I took it is: | | You are one of the few people who don't challange him for his obviously | abhorent conduct here. When YOU asked him why he did that (give out the | PW/CW), in any way that he responded to you, he could not have | justified it with out getting a negative reply from you. You'll notice | that was his last post. He therefore realized that he would have lost | one more person who nomally remains neutral. All he had to do was "drop | out" for a while and it'll blow over with out him ever having a | confrontation with you. See how that works? As long as there is | division here in how to treat him or lack of any objection to his | conduct, he will continue to disrupt this Newsgroup. Ignoring him is | enabling him to continue. | | You'll notice the calm and that the discussions taking place now, are | right in line with what you always thought they should be. And why not? | It's always that way with out him. |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I use my fax line for UL/DL. If they call back, they get a fax tone. That's gotta piss 'em off. No station ID on the fax either. :-) js

Reply to
alarman

Hahahahahahahaha.

Be still, my heart. js

Reply to
alarman

Switch to caddx if you really want to piss them off, seems the caddx NX series will chirp the siren when exiting programming.

Doug L

alarman wrote:

Reply to
Doug L

Yeah, I know. What's up with that? js

Reply to
alarman

All incoming faxes come to my PC (Winfax pro). I have a fax machine for outgoing only, but it won't receive them. I got tired of paying for paper and toner for the f****ng ads. Now I just press the delete button and they're gone.

*67 for call ID. *69 just rings my line and they get the fax tone. js
Reply to
alarman

hahahaha but you didn't say whether you did the call block thing *67 I've had them call back and give me shit for being rude :-) I could do 5 an hour being rude :-)

Reply to
mikey

not with chatty cathy around; jesus, frank, maybe the guy's dead... wouldn't you feel like a shit. he never leaves without submitting his itinerary, something is amiss

Reply to
mikey

I used to do that but got rid of the fax line, too much crap using up paper and time. Email has replaced most of it, I use home line the odd time it's unavoidable. I do miss it for UL/DL though.

Station ID or not, called can still track down your fax number with call ID or *69, I'm surprised you haven't been caught :-)

Reply to
mikey

cute

Reply to
mikey

I remember that, anyone know if they took that out with V2 panels?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Why aren't you ragging Crash for not slamming RLB like you do RH Campbell?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

up here *69 results in some sultry throated damsel saying "the last number to call your line was ..."

Reply to
mikey

What's the matter?? Are things around here too "peaceful" for you?? ;-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

RLB's last post.

Reply to
Frank Olson

I don't think that's the reason for his not posting, Jim. He hasn't posted in CHA either (and there have been plenty of "potential online sales" he's missed or not gotten "involved with" on some level). Nope... something else has happened... and quite suddenly too. His "normal" procedure would have been to announce his leaving (i.e. "I'm off to Brazil for three months and won't be online for a few days until I get set up in Bahia" or words to that effect).

Yep!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

Thats what I do too.

| I use my fax line for UL/DL. If they call back, they get a fax tone. That's | gotta piss 'em off. No station ID on the fax either. :-) | js | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

But if you block your line and the client has do not accept blocked calls wont you have a prob connecting?

| > I use my fax line for UL/DL. If they call back, they get a fax tone. | That's | > gotta piss 'em off. No station ID on the fax either. :-) | > js | >

| | I used to do that but got rid of the fax line, too much crap using up paper | and time. Email has replaced most of it, I use home line the odd time it's | unavoidable. I do miss it for UL/DL though. | | Station ID or not, called can still track down your fax number with call ID | or *69, I'm surprised you haven't been caught :-) | | | | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

sultry?

| > All incoming faxes come to my PC (Winfax pro). I have a fax machine for | > outgoing only, but it won't receive them. I got tired of paying for paper | > and toner for the f****ng ads. Now I just press the delete button and | > they're gone. | >

| > > Station ID or not, called can still track down your fax number with call | > ID | > > or *69, I'm surprised you haven't been caught :-) | >

| > *67 for call ID. *69 just rings my line and they get the fax tone. | > js | >

| >

| up here *69 results in some sultry throated damsel saying "the last number | to call your line was ..." | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.