Compass Software

It aint that hard...took me a few minutes to figure it out, then an hour dicking around with some foreign language (Mark says he was from Tennessee) Ademco tech just to confirm what I thought I understood...then knocked off abt 10 panels last night after din din.

| > We all had this fun debate years ago (anyone remember Jake?). In my | opinion | > the CSID is far more important on panels such as DSC than it is with | Ademco | > since you do have to know the account on Ademco but don't with DSC to | > connect. | >

| > I personally don't care for CSID's in fact it ends up being a problem | later | > when a dealer sells the accounts, if I find a panel with one set I always | > change it to default | >

| >

| | Well, far f****ng out, the damn manual is 144 pages long too. I ain't going | thru all that shit if they have to know the account number. Mark taketh and | Mark giveth away, thanks amigo. | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

Yea thats Tennessee alright, the second guy musta been an import :)

Reply to
Mark Leuck

It's companies like that which gave me nightmares in my P1 days because they like selling accounts and "forget" to tell those companies what the CSID is. One big one that P1 had purchased.

Reply to
Mark Leuck

what f****ng manual? where? I would have downloaded that nevermind, found it. f*ck you anyways, Frank, you talk too much. Thanks, Mark

wrote

confusing...to

Reply to
mikey

Well, far f****ng out, the damn manual is 144 pages long too. I ain't going thru all that shit if they have to know the account number. Mark taketh and Mark giveth away, thanks amigo.

Reply to
mikey

BWAHAhahahahahahahaha years, man. let me think

Reply to
mikey

The "must do a complete" download may be a function of the panel not the downloader, DSC obviously allows it but I know several panels that don't like Ademco, Caddx, AT&T etc, the bios might not permit it

and if you bitch about a whole couple of minutes doing a download then that isn't a problem with the panel or software if you know what I mean

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Lol!

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I started using 1555s on or about 97. 98.... 7 years, Mark I'm pretty good with DSC software. Download on the bench and upload to look things over after each install. I don't use much Ademco panels all that often so I don't use Compass much but , I must admit, Compass really pisses me off. Any simple change is a complete f****ng download, gimmee a break, and the CRC packet feedback bullshit while downloading... f*ck off, just do it, I'm not watching a suspense thriller for crissakes. Entertaining software I must admit. Pretty, very pretty.

Reply to
mikey

Call ID solves such nonsense as does *69 if you're on the ball and have the panel programmed to report downloads (or did you miss that in the manual, Frank?)

Reply to
mikey

I must have missed something, what happened at that time?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Call ID prevents someone from remotely downloading a panel that you forgot to program the CSID on?? Really?? I seriously doubt the panel's going to report a "download" to *your* station if the guy with the software's flipped it to his... Or screwed up the CS number so it can't dial out...

It's Friday. Have a brewskie... sit back... enjoy. The Group's been downright peaceful since about 2300 hours (PST) on the 4th.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Depends on who it is. I know all my clients the nervous ones I call first. Most of them know the procedure because I change codes for them all the time...blah blah blah.

Yah sometimes I feel a little guilty when I hear the hello? hello? he... click.

HEY BUT WE HAVE TO HAVE SOME FUN DONT WE?

10 took me abt two hours give or take...i wasnt keeping track of time though.

| >

| > | > We all had this fun debate years ago (anyone remember Jake?). In my | > | opinion | > | > the CSID is far more important on panels such as DSC than it is with | > | Ademco | > | > since you do have to know the account on Ademco but don't with DSC to | > | > connect. | > | >

| > | > I personally don't care for CSID's in fact it ends up being a problem | > | later | > | > when a dealer sells the accounts, if I find a panel with one set I | > always | > | > change it to default | > | >

| > | >

| > | | > | Well, far f****ng out, the damn manual is 144 pages long too. I ain't | > going | > | thru all that shit if they have to know the account number. Mark taketh | > and | > | Mark giveth away, thanks amigo. | > | | > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

that was the day he gave out the ademco web tech un/pw then did not stick around to answer to that stupidity

| > Call ID prevents someone from remotely downloading a panel that you forgot | > to program the CSID on?? Really?? I seriously doubt the panel's going to | > report a "download" to *your* station if the guy with the software's | flipped | > it to his... Or screwed up the CS number so it can't dial out... | >

| > It's Friday. Have a brewskie... sit back... enjoy. The Group's been | > downright peaceful since about 2300 hours (PST) on the 4th. | >

| >

| | I said solve, not prevent. You're assuming his first DL attempt would be | successful. That just doesn't happen with Compass. | Oh, I didn't intend to stir things up, I like to laugh, even if I'm the butt | of the joke... | | the 4th again? que passa? | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon
10 panel downloads? Do you call the clients before and after or just use *67 and feel momentarily bad when you hear hello? hello? And then you have to tediously download the whole damn program... 10 times? Really, how long did it take?
Reply to
mikey

No if you really want frustration download a Napco panel sometime

Reply to
Mark Leuck

*67? What does the RF transmitter low battery report have to do with downloading
Reply to
Mark Leuck

Function of the panel, fer sure, otherwise they wouldn't have that big empty screen with just the one radio button and room for so many more.

What do you mean "if"? ...I'm always grumbling. Especially when I use DL software, computers too... I just find the more things change, the more they stay the same. A couple minutes to dnload with Compass? HA! it takes me a couple of minutes just to connect sometimes. If you really want to experience frustration, try the Inovonics DOS DL package, that one is waaaay fun.

Jeeeze, where the hell is Bass anyways? I can't believe he hasn't waded in on my posts yet... I 'm giving him plenty of fodder.

Reply to
mikey

I said solve, not prevent. You're assuming his first DL attempt would be successful. That just doesn't happen with Compass. Oh, I didn't intend to stir things up, I like to laugh, even if I'm the butt of the joke...

the 4th again? que passa?

Reply to
mikey

haha, ademco on the brain, I meant I enter *67, in the dialer string.

Reply to
mikey

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.