Compass Software

Crash, go into the com port advanced settings and turn the receive & transmit buffers all the way down to Low. Then give it a whirl.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas
Loading thread data ...

And limit the max port speed to 9600 Baud.

Reply to
G. Morgan

And then throw the whole thing in the trash and start selling Napco.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Eew.

Reply to
alarman

Compass 2 is supposed to be released any minute...and it STILL will require that stoopid modem....go figure.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I told you it was going to be a long 6 months

Reply to
mleuck

Never had to screw with that either in fact Windows doesn't even have to be configured for a modem

Reply to
mleuck

Thats because few modems drop to the low baud rates of most alarm panels

Reply to
mleuck

Greetings, speaking of compass has anyone else been having problem up/dwn loading FBII xl31 panels?

we've had 3 so far that refused to connect for a session. all were the newer ver. 1.5... all were in different towns so not in the same telephone switch system..

RTS

(they all would hand program though, so the panels did work)

Reply to
Rockytsquirrel

What modem? I never had any problems using a Hayes 1200

Reply to
mleuck

were using that thing that ademco sells not sure the name I'm not at the office.. just to know, we've now tried 2 different computer systems at 2 different town with the same results..

tks, RTS

Reply to
Rockytsquirrel

I have seen issues with sending Contact ID on XL-31's but never downloading

Reply to
mleuck

we had 1 tech (not honeywell) tell us that dsl on the same phone line would cause connection problems for some system. even with a high grade DSL filter (which we use on all possible DSL lines).

tks, RTS

Reply to
Rockytsquirrel

I haven't had any problems with FBI at all. Most issues are due to line quality. With so many people going with VoIP & Magicjacks, this was bound to happen. Even if both sides are either landlines, or FIOS, you don't know what is in between. Most long distance providers use high speed digital lines to provide free long distance to their customers. Sometimes, analog signals degrade during transmission, or get distorted, echoes, all kinds of problems can happen.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

I can give it a try if you like...call me.

Jim Rojas (813) 884-6335

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Reply to
Rockytsquirrel

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.