COMPASS HELP!!!

Everything for years was ok with compass downloader untill i decide to build a new pc. I install compass and set up the modem (ademco cia) for ademco and for fbii panels. What happens is that i can only work with fbii panels. When i am trying to call an ademco panel, i hear the dial tone from the modem's speaker but thats all! It doesnt dial and i get an error message (no dial tone-error result code 6)! Any idea??? thanks in advance

Spyros

Reply to
proguard
Loading thread data ...

is the proper modem selected for ademco panels in the modem preference section I had mines set wrong this way it was fine fbi but had it set wrong for ademco

Reply to
NickMark

section I had mines set wrong this way it was fine fbi but had it set wrong= for ademco

I have set it for ademco panels at physical com port 1 (com1) as ademco cia= 2400 and for fbii panels as ademco cia 2400 for fbii. The strange is that = everything works ok and after i made format to my pc and reinstall compass = i cannot make the admco cia modem to dial for ademco!

Reply to
proguardsec

=CE=B3=CE=BF=CF=8D=CF=83=CF=84=CE=BF=CF=85 2012 2:23:35 =CF=80.=CE=BC. UTC+=

3, =CE=BF =CF=87=CF=81=CE=AE=CF=83=CF=84=CE=B7=CF=82 NickMark =CE=AD=CE=B3= =CF=81=CE=B1=CF=88=CE=B5:

e section I had mines set wrong this way it was fine fbi but had it set wro= ng for ademco

ia 2400 and for fbii panels as ademco cia 2400 for fbii. The strange is tha= t everything works ok and after i made format to my pc and reinstall compas= s i cannot make the admco cia modem to dial for ademco!

wow thats really strange is there a chance the compass program is corrupted= it did not fully install may want to reload it

Reply to
NickMark

=CE=B3=CE=BF=CF=8D=CF=83=CF=84=CE=BF=CF=85 2012 2:23:35 =CF=80.=CE=BC. UTC+=

3, =CE=BF =CF=87=CF=81=CE=AE=CF=83=CF=84=CE=B7=CF=82 NickMark =CE=AD=CE=B3= =CF=81=CE=B1=CF=88=CE=B5:

nce section I had mines set wrong this way it was fine fbi but had it set w= rong for ademco

cia 2400 and for fbii panels as ademco cia 2400 for fbii. The strange is t= hat everything works ok and after i made format to my pc and reinstall comp= ass i cannot make the admco cia modem to dial for ademco!

ed it did not fully install may want to reload it

maybe... cause sometimes while opening communication tab even on an fbii pa= nel or an ademco, i get an error message in "chinese" (unrecognized charact= ers!) I'll try to reinstall it again from another source, not from my cds but dir= ectly downloading it from ademco library.

Reply to
proguardsec

=CE=B3=CE=BF=CF=8D=CF=83=CF=84=CE=BF=CF=85 2012 7:32:19 =CE=BC.=CE=BC. UTC+=

=85=CE=B3=CE=BF=CF=8D=CF=83=CF=84=CE=BF=CF=85 2012 2:23:35 =CF=80.=CE=BC. U= TC+3, =CE=BF =CF=87=CF=81=CE=AE=CF=83=CF=84=CE=B7=CF=82 NickMark =CE=AD=CE= =B3=CF=81=CE=B1=CF=88=CE=B5:

odem preference section I had mines set wrong this way it was fine fbi but = had it set wrong for ademco

co cia 2400 and for fbii panels as ademco cia 2400 for fbii. The strange is= that everything works ok and after i made format to my pc and reinstall co= mpass i cannot make the admco cia modem to dial for ademco!

pted it did not fully install may want to reload it

panel or an ademco, i get an error message in "chinese" (unrecognized chara= cters!)

irectly downloading it from ademco library.

very strange... i am using compass 1.5.8.55 and i want to uninstall it and install the new cmp2014 but i cannot found uninstall button or i cannot locate cmp1.5.8.55 at add/remove programms!!! Also if i'll install the cmp2014, i read that it doesnt support vista12D, 4110XMP, XL2S etc! What the f*** is this?

Reply to
proguard

You don't need to uninstall the old Compass although it will likely no longer work when 2.0 is installed. If you want to remove it you can just delete the Compass directory although you then lose your database

the Vista-12 and 4110XMP if i recall come with the Canadian patch, as far as I know the XL2S has always been supported, it may be listed under XL21

Reply to
mleuck

nger work when 2.0 is installed. If you want to remove it you can just dele= te the Compass directory although you then lose your database

as I know the XL2S has always been supported, it may be listed under XL21

My dear friend mleuck, do you know where to find the canadian patch? i sear= ch ademco library but i cannot locate it...

Reply to
proguardsec

=CE=B3=CE=BF=CF=8D=CF=83=CF=84=CE=BF=CF=85 2012 7:05:51 =CF=80.=CE=BC. UTC+=

3, =CE=BF =CF=87=CF=81=CE=AE=CF=83=CF=84=CE=B7=CF=82 mleuck =CE=AD=CE=B3=CF= =81=CE=B1=CF=88=CE=B5:

longer work when 2.0 is installed. If you want to remove it you can just de= lete the Compass directory although you then lose your database

ar as I know the XL2S has always been supported, it may be listed under XL2=

arch ademco library but i cannot locate it...

I got it from Honeywell's Canadian website

Reply to
mleuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.