Compact cheap "surveilance" camera

The box the camera came in says "PC CAMERA". I picked it up at either Best Buy or Target. It was the cheapest USB camera they had.

The software is called "Watcher". I downloaded the trial version from

formatting link
and registered it.

Reply to
Steve Foley
Loading thread data ...

I was referring to this "You are still making excuses for an intrusive surveillance system which reduce the risk unlawful access and theft."

"Prometheus" wrote

Apparently not. js

Reply to
alarman

Not Found The requested URL /comp/progs/camsave.exe was not found on this server.

Reply to
Kevin Agard

In article , alarman writes

See

Reply to
Prometheus

I was referring to the audit trail provided by a card access system, not surveillance. js

Reply to
alarman

Surveillance ? noun close observation, especially of a suspected spy or criminal.

Observation ? noun 1 the action or process of closely observing or monitoring. 2 the ability to notice significant details. 3 a comment based on something one has seen, heard, or noticed.

monitor ? verb keep under observation, especially so as to regulate, record, or control

Maybe you do not consider the "audit trail" to be "closely ... monitoring", I do; still you are a top poster.

Reply to
Prometheus

Most of the content in most of the groups deteriorates to shit.

The bloke wanted to lock his f****ng door, but this is what it ends up with brain damaged wankers giving English lessons.

Get. A. Fucking. Life.

Reply to
teflon nonstick

OK, for your sake we'll pretend that you weren't referring to video, and that you didn't mix me up with someone else. You win. js

Reply to
alarman

Yes, recently I am. I didn't used to be, but I switched back simply to annoy tight-assed computer geeks like John, and now you. Seems to be working, much to my delight. js

Reply to
alarman

In article , teflon nonstick writes

Posted because alarman did not understand what he was advocating.

Given your choice of vocabulary I conclude that long words are beyond you. I posted the definitions because alarman did not understand advocating logging people who enter and exit is surveillance. After posting viable solutions the thread drifted, as conversations do, perhaps people don't talk to you, otherwise you would know this.

He has already been given advice, and acknowledged it; see my post advocating using a PIR to release the door after a lack of movement for fifteen minutes, turn off the lights; and even arm the alarm. The thread has since drifted, as you shold have learned that conversations tend to.

After posting viable solutions the thread drifted, as conversations do; I can understand why people don't talk to you.

Why are you so opposed to not using surveillance; knowing who left the door open yesterday will not prevent last nights burglary, reprimanding the person who left the door open in the honest belief that someone else was there will not stop this honest mistake being made again, it might drive honest fee paying members away.

Your evident level of education, and your preference for spying on people makes me ask, are you a private security guard or perhaps a cop? Maybe this is why people don't talk to you.

You really need to learn the art of conversation.

Reply to
Prometheus

It was not your mendacious top post that annoyed me, I just used the ammunition you provided.

Reply to
Prometheus

Denial is not just a river in Egypt. js

Reply to
alarman

Reply to
alarman

What was it that annoyed you then? Was it your own inability to admit you made a mistake, or was it my pointing it out to you? js

Reply to
alarman

Seems you 'need' to show people how clever you are.

Conversation is a social thing, not a one way street - and what a boring bastard you must be. I bet you're a complete cunt to live with.

By the way - I looked up 'expert' in my trusty copy of 'Thesaurus for Dummies' and came up with 'posterior discharge'.

Work it out.

Reply to
teflon nonstick

...and promptly shot myself in the foot. 8]

Reply to
teflon nonstick

I'm post-graduate in Photomedia and you're still a boring cunt.

Reply to
teflon nonstick

Me, I'm not annoyed. Your desire to record peoples legal activities instead of prevent illegal activities is most curious indeed, rather like the politicians who advocated identity cards to stop crime, IT DOES NOT WORK! There is undoubtedly more formal term than "nosy Parker", but I can not be bothered to look it up. You need treatment for it before your neighbours complain to the police.

Reply to
Prometheus

Jesus.

Thank god for twit filters.

Bye Bye.

D.

Reply to
d

So have you ever sold anything?

Reply to
J. Clarke

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.