Communication issues with Kantech Entrapass Corp Edition

Multiple issues with system randomly not responding to cards. Messages about communication issues and controller battery power failures. System seems to reset when I restart computer but eventually, we're right back to the issues. Any idea what I need to do to fix this? Not a techi here so no clue what's wrong or what to do. Other messages - "Door lock device failure" , "Loop communication failure". We had a technician out here last week who basically just shut down the system and reset it, but the problem is back again. We're in an industry where we cannot afford for anyone to not have access to the building.

Reply to
Cmarti5
Loading thread data ...

I would start with the power, especially since you're getting battery errors. You need to find a company with a Kantech tech. Where are you?

Reply to
G. Morgan

Reply to
jtorres1985

Hello,

I would need more information from you as to what kind of controllers you a re using to diagnose.

If you are using KT400's then it is always the locks shorting out the contr ollers, the KT400's use wet lock supply directly off the controller, if the re is a potential to ground anywhere in the line it will bring down your 48

5 communications loop which shares a common ground.

If your using KT300's then the same problem exists.

KT200's i believe are form C relays for locks and dont suffer from this, th us why most people say they are rock solid, in all reality the 400's instal led correctly will outlast any 200.

I digress, Make sure your panels have good batteries... as this would cause loop failures. If you are using a KTNCC make sure that it is sufficiently powered using the proper rated transformer 16/40AC, and the Battery is good otherwise remove any faulty batteries.

The fact that you see lock failure, or supervision tells me it has to do wi th locks right off the bat. replacing faulty locks will usually fix the iss ue.

HES1006 locks usually fail first due to the wiring inside the keeper warmin g up when doors on schedule or just the tension and rubbing.

You should have a trained professional look into your issues as this cannot be fixed by an enduser no matter how tech savvy.

Reply to
namini.ash

Watch for patterns in the Entrapass software, from the Desktops tab. We had Communication Loop Failure followed immediately by 7 of our 8 Controllers failing. We noticed this happened immediately after motion was detected as a Request To Exit on one of our Interior Doors. We disabled the Motion Dete ctor (we did not need it anyway) and the problem was fixed.

Reply to
derick.orion.harris

Do you work for Kantech? We are battling a KTNCC problem at large sites with 22 or more panels split over 2 loops... your the first tech to confirm the ground fault issue... you might be able to shed some light on it

Reply to
Tim Krave

Tim,

Please note the date of the original posting.

1/1/2016

The last was 10/16/2018

Good Luck!!

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

What you don't know Les - - - is:

Tim's last name is Van Winkle

Reply to
Jim Davis

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

Reply to
ABLE1

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.