Code Breaker

formatting link
I like it.

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

I had a friend make a code breaker for DSC panels that used a Toshiba relay controller simulated key presses by shorting the contracts on an old PC2500 keypad, It would move to the next one by reading voltage from the keypad piezo. Long beep meant go to the next one, short beeps meant stop. I added an LCD display to show the code that it stopped on. It cracked I think over a hundred panels. Modified it to do FBI panels at one time.

Reply to
mleuck

I read the comments you left. 3 1/2 days seems slow. A 4 digit code has 10,000 combos, a 10 year old with x-box fingers could do it in a couple of hours (if there are unlimited attempts, no kp lockout).

Reply to
G. Morgan

Yeah, but it's a lot of fun to find a backward solution like that some time. I'ld still just do a board swap and/or send the original to Jim.

The funny part is it turns out the panel probably still had the default code programmed.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Yeah, I would program the CNC machine to do common codes first, then do randomizing.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Maybe Tom Cruise can use this method in the next Mission Impossible movie.

Reply to
Jim

RHC: Is this a joke ? Why would anyone waste their time with such a useless Rube Goldstein "cluge" like this to crack a $30 board ? Obviously, this man has more time on his hands than is healthy for him....

Hey Jim, maybe this is how we can crack those DSC 1616 boards....:)))))

Reply to
tourman

Hey Robert, not EVERYone works 14 hours a day ..... ya know...... Some people actually have spare time and hobbies and free weekends an.. an ...an .... even HOLIDAYS ...... doncha know ..... eh?

Reply to
Jim

RHC: Jeez....you sound like my wife.....yeah, sure I work all the time because I love it, but even if I didn't, I wouldn't waste time this way.

In my own defence, I am trying to cut back on work. I bought a new Honda Gold Wing motorcycle (and just came back from a 10 day / 4300 mile trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway and throughout all of Virginia and West Virginia).

But when I came home, I found myself swamped with about 16 alarm systems and 10 takeovers ahead of me...It just doesn't let up....sigh..

Reply to
tourman

People always ask me why I don't retire. Well ..... One/ I'm still having fun .... and Two/ If I was retired I'd still be doing things just LIKE this ..... as a hobby ..... but for free.

Reply to
Jim

RHC: I think the key is when you retire that you find something else to do that is completely different from your life's work and that you enjoy doing, and which keeps you as busy as you want to be. But its very important to do SOMETHING else, not just sit around . I have seen so many of my friends retire with nothing to do that interests them and they just fade away...they died early I believe because of it.

There's an old saying...after 60, use it or lose it. While this is intended to be a sexual reference, I really believe it covers life in general in your later years. I see people that are 80 with the attitudes and open mindedness of many in their 30's, and these are the people that definately lead the most fulfilling lives, and likely because of it, the longest lives too.

I look at my own dad who is 92 and has simply given up since my mom died. I get so mad at him for not being more engaged with life. I know I plan to burn out, not rust out......

But then there's that next customer I hate to lose....

Reply to
tourman

e:

The one thing I always point to when discussing this, is that every morning I've got obligations to keep me motivated.

I'm thinking that many of the people who retire early all "think" that they will find things to do, but instead .... find that .... since they no longer have any obligation to do things,. they just gradually do less and less. Having obligations to others keeps me active and obviously I've got to keep up with what's going on technically too. I've go to have all the answers if I'm going to be the expert. If one doesn't have a purpose in life and obligations to fulfill .... even if self imposed ...... what's the point of being here at all? Without purpose, you'll gradually become a burden to those around you. You could do them all a favor by having a self portrait painted and then just disappear.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.