Check in

Hey Les,

Did you ever think about --------

If you tear the wings off of a fly. would you then call it a walk ?

or

Did you hear about the fly that entered a cow's ear and ended up in the milk pail the next morning? It went in one ear and out the udder.

Reply to
Jim Davis
Loading thread data ...

Funny Stuff Jim!!!!

Thanks!!

Reply to
ABLE1

Bob,

Thanks for the lesson in the Air Gun stuff!! Actually I needed something with more power since the Daisy Powerline 880 pump I had left the furry tailed rat laughing at me, and it became more than I could bear. Something had to be fixed. The single pump with whatever true velocity or ft/lbs made a huge difference since I got no more laughing rats.

It seems that the rats have learned the rules of the property. Haven't had to train one on the rules for quite some time. But, it is spring and that may change. Some are just born stupid. :-)

Have a good weekend all!! For some, the area may be opening for business shortly. Can't say if it is good or bad at this time. Only time will tell. Be safe out there.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Sorry about that. I did go off a bit on one of my hobbies didn't I.

P.S. Yer a bad influence. After posting here I went and looked at the various new air guns coming available soon or recently available. I just barely retrained myself from ordering a new Hatsan Bully 9mm at

150FPE at 910FPS (claimed). I did look a the .45 at 290FPE, but I am used to the trajectory of an airgun that shoots just over 900 FPS. Then I looked at the new Hatsan pile driver. Its the new (claimed) most powerful production air rifle on the market, and its priced to match. A whopping 800+ FPE in .50 and still over 700FPE in .45. I just don't have any use for an airgun like that. Not even one tiny justification. Well unless the Bloomberg assault team does to Arizona what they did to Virginia. Yes, they have targeted Arizona next.
Reply to
Bob La Londe

Bob, I so very sorry that I am such a BAD influence on you. Now that will bother me tonight when I place my head on the pillow. Sadly I might postpone by going to sleep for a period of time as a result. The time delay may be equal to the time it takes a .177 caliber 10.65 grain copper plated dome to move 132 yards @ 940-950 FPS. + or - :-)

Hope your weekend dreams are good!!

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

On 5/14/2020 7:59 PM, ABLE1 wrote: > On 5/14/2020 9:27 PM, Jim Davis wrote: >> On Thursday, May 14, 2020 at 12:56:13 PM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote: >> >>> >>> Many Many years ago when I was the Maintenance Supervisor for a Plastic >>> Extrusion Company I had a very small office near the shop. >>> (maybe 11' x 9') One summer there was this standard housefly that got >>> into the office. Since he was young he was very fast and I could not >>> get him. Buzz buzz buzz around and then would hide for a while. >>> Myself in and out of the office all day. Drove me nuts for 3 days. Now >>> the fly is 3 days older and getting slower. He sat down on my desk and >>> I very quickly reached out and caught him in my hand. >>> Yahoo!! Gotcha sucker!! >>> >>> Due to the torture he bestowed on me for 3 frickin days there had to be >>> some appropriate punishment that was needed for this now captured fly. >>> So I pulled off a bit of Scotch Tape and gently stuck him to it. His >>> legs were wiggling and his wings were trying to get loose but the sticky >>> Scotch Tape adhesive would not let him go. I walked him out to the >>> shipping dock and gently stuck the tape with the fly to the floor. He >>> continued to try and get free but he couldn't!! I then went over to >>> the walk-behind forklift and positioned the left front wheel in line >>> with the fly. I the slowly (ever so slowly) moved the the 4,750lb >>> forklift forward. Once the tire rolled over the fly I went back and >>> forth a couple of time just make sure he was DEAD. I then pealed the >>> Scotch Tape with squished fly off the floor and returned to my office >>> where I pinned it to my bulletin board. I did not have another fly >>> enter my office for the rest of the summer. >>> >>> Wow, just typing that, made me feel so good!! LOL >>> >>> I hope you all enjoyed reading my little fly story!! >>> You may now resume your normal activities................ >>> >>> Les >> >> Hey Les, >> >> Did you ever think about -------- >> >> If you tear the wings off of a fly. would you then call it a walk ? >> >> or >> >> Did you hear about the fly that entered a cow's ear and ended up in the milk pail the next morning? >> It went in one ear and out the udder. >> > > Funny Stuff Jim!!!! > > Thanks!!

I heard about some scientist from New York who deiced to do some pure research on flies. That caught one buzzing around their lab, set in on the counter and yelled, "JUMP!" as they slammed their hands on the counter around the fly. Of course it jumped up and flew away. They scrambled over all over the lab until they finally caught the fly. One of them carefully pulled a leg off the fly, and they set it on the counter. They yelled, "JUMP!" as they slammed their hands on the counter around the fly. Of course it jumped up and flew away. They scrambled over all over the lab until they finally caught the fly again. One of them carefully pulled another leg off the fly, and they set it on the counter. They yelled, "JUMP!" as they slammed their hands on the counter around the fly. Of course it jumped up and flew away.

Pretty soon they had gotten down to the last leg. One of them carefully pulled the last leg off the fly. They yelled, "JUMP!" as they slammed their hands on the counter around the fly, and the fly just sat there. They tried it again. They yelled, "JUMP!" as they slammed their hands on the counter around the fly, and the fly just sat there. After a third time they decided they had enough data to write up a conclusion. A fly with no legs can not hear.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Did anybody get hooked on the Breaking Bad series?? If you did or didn't there was this one scene in the Walter's sparkling clean lab were a fly made it in some how. Walter takes on the challenge of trying to kill the fly. When I saw it the first, second, third time and beyond I almost wet myself laughing. It brings back memories of the fly in my office. Anyhow, here is the YouTube clip. It is not the whole fly scene, just the first part. I think just before it went to commercial. You will hopefully appreciate the frustration. Be sure to go full screen to get the full effect!! :-)

Enjoy!!

formatting link

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Here are few other clips that I found. Sorry I don't know they are in the proper order

formatting link

formatting link

formatting link

Reply to
ABLE1

I didn't hear about the Breaking Bad series until it was too many episodes into it for me to think I wasn't missing too much --- If I started watching it ----- and besides, I usually don't have the time or the regularly sched uled lifestyle to sit down at the same time every week and watch a TV show. Even with a Tivo, I record shows and series and eventually after I've reco rded and not watched 10 or 20 episodes of three or four series, I wind up e rasing them because I know it would take me a year to watch them all and I' d probably lose track of what was happening anyway.

But with this Isolation ----- that we're trying somewhat to abide with, I' ve started watching "Ozark" on Netflix.

It's addictive. There are three seasons, 30 episodes. We're watching a coup le every night. I't like a great book. It gets you hooked on the first epis ode/chapter and you can't put it down.

Maybe when the next epidemic rolls around I'll get to watch "Breaking Bad" :->

Reply to
Jim Davis

I totally understand Jim. I had the same problem but somehow I got hooked on the show. I found it quite good with a different look on stuff.

Thanks for the tip on Ozark................ I will investigate.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.