Cheap CCTV Service Monitor

previous service monitor died. just got one of these. only about $60. rechargeable , charge from vehicle on way to service call or AC. RCA video and audio in. digital and analog tv tuner. [test tv too]

formatting link
haven't actually taken it on it's first service call yet. gonna mount it in a small padded case with neck straps before it hits the back of the van.

picked it over this one in side by side comparison with a digimerge dcbhr1032b color 480 line cheapo camera i had lying around.

formatting link
so i guess i'll use the pyle for a back up cam on van. anybody got any tips on back up cam? b&w? color? ir? ptz? ;) good place to mount?

Reply to
Juan
Loading thread data ...

They sell something very similar at Best Buy I have an old radio shack one I use.

Reply to
nick markowitz

I have used a number of LCD monitor/TVs over the years as test monitors. In general the one that has held up the best is the little tiny one with the plastic hood that you hold up to your eye. It works anytime any place regardless of ambient light level. I've had it for 6 or 7 years and the RCA plug on the back is starting to get loose finally. I'll have to open it up one day and see if I can resolder it to the board. As far as larger monitors... I have broken every single one including some of the expensive ones built for the purpose. Next one I do I am going to make my own shock case for. In the mean time I just whatever 7-10" LCD I have handy. I usually have a few in stock since I use them as by the door spot monitors.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

"Juan" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :

4ccf31de$0$1039$ snipped-for-privacy@read01.usenetall.se...

previous service monitor died. just got one of these. only about $60. rechargeable , charge from vehicle on way to service call or AC. RCA video and audio in. digital and analog tv tuner. [test tv too]

formatting link
haven't actually taken it on it's first service call yet. gonna mount it in a small padded case with neck straps before it hits the back of the van.

picked it over this one in side by side comparison with a digimerge dcbhr1032b color 480 line cheapo camera i had lying around.

formatting link
so i guess i'll use the pyle for a back up cam on van. anybody got any tips on back up cam? b&w? color? ir? ptz? ;) good place to mount?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's nice about time LCD TV is the ATSC tuner.. You can watch news and soap while driving to a job or on the lunch time ;-)))

Reply to
<petem001

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.