Chapter 2: Mary, Mary... not quite so contrary!

Breathlessly awaiting Chapter 3. Will Mrs. S find her Piano? Will Nurse Mary's bikini strap break?

Oh..the Humanity!

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

They never were the same after Jim Morrison died.

Oh THOSE doors... Mrs. S. was sleeping against the rex button. The painters used the wiring to hang their paint buckets from. Mrs. S used the cable to hang laundry to dry.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

The second floor nursing station was an oasis of soft light. Mary pointed out the ancient Edwards Nurse Call panel and the series of LED''s that served as the status indicators for the floor's mag locks. All the indicators glowed "red".

"That''s very strange", I said. "This panel says all the doors are locked."

"Yes. We didn't know about the problem until I saw Mrs. S. wander by the window. I paged a code pink and we got everyone squared away before we had Pat call you".

"OK", I said. "I'm going to go and drop one of the exit keypads and see what we've got."

The area in front of the nurses station had several comfortable looking chairs scattered about similar to the one that blocked the exit door through which Mary and I had just entered. A couple of elderly ladies were seated in them. Both were asleep.

"It's pretty late", Mary said. "Most everyone's been put to bed, so except for Mrs. S., you shouldn't have too many interruptions."

I sighed inwardly, and wrenched my mind away from thinking about the glimpse of pink lace peeping from the cleavage of Mary''s uniform to the business of troubleshooting the system. I pushed away the vision of her lounging on a deck chair, the sun caressing the soft smooth cinnamon hued skin revealed by her thong.. I pulled a number 2 Robertson from my belt and got down to the business of removing the keypad from the wall box. I'd noticed that the red status LED on the keypad was dark as I'd approached the exit door. Another heavy arm chair was blocking the door itself.

Hmmm.. I thought to myself.. No wall box. The keypad was mounted to the wall with drywall anchors. About a yard of wire followed it out as I gently pulled it away. The wall had been recently painted. I pulled my trusty Fluke from my tool-belt and confirmed that there was in fact no power to the keypad or the mag lock. I reinstalled the keypad and made my way back to the nursing station where Mary was comfortably ensconced in a desk chair. I envied that chair.

"That feels nice," murmured Mary as I smoothed lotion over her back. She'd rolled over onto her tummy and untied the string of her bikini top so I could apply the #30 SPF sunscreen more easily. I snapped back to reality as Mrs. S. came up to me giving her walker an agitated shake.

"I need you to bring in my Piano", she said. "It's outside in the rain and it's getting wet".

"Sorry, Mrs. S, I'm not part of the Piano Movers Local #711. If I touch your piano, I could get myself into a whole lot of trouble."

"Oh.. Well.. I wouldn't want to get you into trouble," she replied, and wandered off pushing her walker along in front of her and mumbling to herself.

"I'm going to have to get in there", I said to Mary, pointing toward the Nurse Call Annunciator, my eyes glued to the two soft globes under her uniform top.

"Be my guest", she replied, as she eased the waist strap of her bikini bottom lower to reveal the glorious firm sculpted flesh of.. She moved her chair over to the computer work station and busied herself there.

I pulled the front panel away from the door annunciator and swung open the dead front. I sucked in my breath as Mary rolled over on the lounger.

"Whoa", I exclaimed. "What a dirty pair of relays. I'm going to have to run back to the van and get some more sunscreen".. Mary looked at me quizzically. "I mean contact cleaner".. I mentally kicked myself.. "and my ladder."

Another nurse came down the hall carrying a tray of medication.

"Judy. Could you look after the desk for a few minutes while I take Jim up to his van?"

"Sure thing."

Stay tuned, Allan!!... Chapter Three - Snakes and Ladders...

Reply to
Frank Olson

The bigger question is: "What's wrong with the doors??" :-))

"Humans" got nothing to do with this... It's all about "primates"...

Reply to
Frank Olson

btw Frank, That's a well written piece.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

But, But.......DID THE BIKINI STRAP BREAK? Oh lord...the agony....... Did it break? Did it break

QUICK....

WE WANT TO KNOW.........

Norm

Reply to
Norm Mugford

The battery in the single power supply providing power to all the doors and readers has shorted out internally taking the power supply with it. A battery and a fuse will fix the problem, but its so overloaded that only blind luck has kept it running this long. You will explain the problem to the facility administrator on monday. They will promptly tell you they can't afford to put in the individual power supplies with properly fused batteries that would have prevented the problem. On top of that they will refuse to truly believe what you have to say and maked veiled accusations of lewd behavior ... er ... I mean attempting to sell them stuff they don't need to line your pockets. However now that the system has been overtaxed once it will continue to have power problems, and everytime it does they will expect you to fix it for free since you made the mistake of helping them out and getting the woefully under designed system working for them.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

SO...where's Chapter 3 already?????

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Not quite right... but close!!! :-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

Single plug in 12V wall cube?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

no man, you just kant keep us on the edge...no fair

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Now what author would give away the mystery after just two chapters?? C'mon, Bob... Ya gotta wait like the rest. :-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

My... my... Patience is a virtue...

Reply to
Frank Olson

I had been saving this to read when I wasn't rushed... It's getting better and better. Reminds me of my own thought processes day by day. Allan

Reply to
Allan Waghalter

"Bob La Londe" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.com...

Now with that post I just know for sure you've been playing in this field long enough...

And let me tell you I know the feeling..Here in Montreal we have many old nuns community that are so rich they could buy the whole city..but they refuse to pay for a new "whatever it is called for" even if it would mean a that they could all die if there was a fire or such..

They always say..: Its been working like that for 25 years,just fix it as you can,it will last another 25..

Damn I hate that!

Reply to
petem

accusations

You're just helping them do God's work, Petem. And that makes you a manipulated sucker. The sooner we figure out just how hypocritical religion is, the better. Next time, tell the bitch to pound salt and walk away. I doubt you'll rot in hell and if you do, mother superior will be right beside you.

Reply to
mikey

"mikey" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com...

Hey thats for sure she will be there..

she will even tell me that she knows someone from my field.. he's called RLB and he helped her fixing her fire system as a diy... then she ask me if i could help her understand why did she didnt woke up before dying..the fire alarm bell should have rang...

Reply to
petem

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.