Changing Entry Time Delay on ADT Safewatch Pro 3000

Hi

Is it possible to change the entry time delay on the ADT Safewatch Pro

3000 key pad? I do not like the fact that there is an entry time delay in the "stay" and "away" mode. I want the alarm to go off immediately, particularly in the "away" mode.

I have a key fob so arming/disarming the system is not an issue and an entry delay is not required.

Please advise

Thanks

Reply to
danbos
Loading thread data ...

Sure. Have you tried calling ADT?

Reply to
alarman

use stay instant

theres also maximum

Reply to
Crash Gordon

You will need to call ADT and have them change the delay zones to instant or have button on fob programmed for max no delay , But i can tell you now ADT does not like doing this because of false alarms and tends to make all doors delayed. from systems i have worked on.

Reply to
nick markowitz

Normally on a Vista panel (same as Safewatch);

INSTANT give you: EXIT DELAY yes, ENTRY DELAY no, PERIMETER ARMED yes, INTERIOR ARMED no. MAXIMUM gives you: EXIT DELAY yes, ENTRY DELAY no, PERIMETER ARMED yes, INTERIOR ARMED yes.

Does ADT somehow override the normal programming somehow?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

IOW; if the OP used the correct keys to arm the system, no re-programming should be necessary.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I think they also incorporate a delay on the communicator of around 45 seconds. So... If a perp decides to break in to an ADT protected home he could wind up with up to 90 seconds of "fun time" before the communicator is activated. Let's see... ninety seconds. First "target" would be that annoying siren... Oh.. and look! It's located right above the alarm panel. Well... let's just rip the whole shebang off the wall and... gosh!!! Now he has all the time in the world to find the really good stuff... and pack up that wide screen TV into the car parked in the garage which he conveniently found the spare keys for hanging up next to the phone...

Reply to
Frank Olson

On Dec 29, 11:05=EF=BF=BDam, Frank Olson .

protected home

=EF=BF=BDFirst

=EF=BF=BDIt's located

whole shebang

Sounds as if you've done this a few times ...... yourself.

Hmmmm come to think of it ......

you never DID say where you worked.

Reply to
Jim

Well, it is the right time of the year for the annual announcement!

Frank's Employer:

formatting link
(new twist this year)

Reply to
G. Morgan

That is exactly my concern. If you are away for an extended period, you want that entry alarm to go off ASAP, not 30-45 seconds later. The communication delay is something I wasn't aware of. Thanks for the update.

Reply to
danbos

So there is no way I can program myself? I downloaded a couple of Vista 20P install manuals. The programming of the system to give a zero entry delay seems easy enough, its just the FOBs that I'm not sure about

Reply to
danbos

I'm calling ADT but are slow to respond. I wish I knew the potential "weaknesses" of the system before it was installed. I've downloaded a few Vista 20P install manuals. The programing of zero entry seems easy enough, its juts the FOBs that I'm not sure of.

Reply to
danbos

The installer never provided a "maximum" mode

Reply to
danbos

I guess this is the que to say.........

this happens to be one of those times when you realize the lure of the ADT name doesn't represent what you thought it did. I'm a little alarm company and I value the business of every one of my clients. Were your my customer I'd be calling you back ( at the most), within 24 hours and I'd download the minor changes for you.

Reply to
Jim

Exactly. Some people never learn. Amazing how many people fall for that "always there" bullshit.

Reply to
alarman

I don't think you can disable Max. - it'd be like disabling Stay or something.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Sure. Mostly on take-overs. I tell the customer to arm the system and we time how long it takes me to find the control panel. I've never ripped one off the wall, though. I usually have time to open the can (standard Ademco key), and disconnect the transformer and battery before the telco relay clicks. :-)

Come to think of it, neither did you.

Reply to
Frank Olson

They're always there when it comes to pulling money out of the subscribers checking account every month...... :-))

Reply to
Russell Brill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.